CHAPTER 98

N A O M I

We were inside the car, and all I could hear was Hayden and Hazel giggling and laughing on Harold's lap while Harold was chuckling, looking happier than ever while talking with Hayden and Hazel. I couldn't comprehend what they were talking about because my mind was in total chaos.

My plan was simple.

I just had to visit Nadia's grave and go back to Miami without anyone seeing me.

But my plan failed.

I just can't believe that I agreed to get in his car, and now I'm halfway to our house.

I mean, to his house...

It was our house but now, not anymore.

When I looked him in the eyes and when he whispered a please in a pleading way... I just couldn't... I just couldn't resist myself. I've hurt him way too much, and seeing him hurt again will only hurt me.

I sighed, feeling the tension rising up again.

All I have to do is get inside the house and leave at night.

It's just a matter of some hours.

And a huge part of me is happy... extremely happy as I got to see Hazel. She looked just like me with hazel eyes, and her face structure was also just like me. A smile tugged up my lips as I glanced at her. She was talking with Hayden about something which I couldn't comprehend, Hayden was giggling, and Harold was gazing down at them in adoration.

Suddenly, the car came to a halt in front of the Iron automatic gates. After a second, the gate opened up as the car entered inside the property. My heart beat sky rocketed as all the past memories came crashing down on me. I fisted my palms beside me as I was getting anxious.

Everything's going to be okay..

It'll be just fine.

The car halted in front of the house as Daria got out first from the passenger seat. She opened the door for Harold and took the kids out from the car. As her eyes fell on me, I smiled, but she looked away, completely ignoring me.

The kids and Harold got out, but I was still inside the car, fidgeting with my fingers, contemplating on what to do.

The door of my side opened, revealing Harold with a warm welcoming smile plastered on his face.
"Come, let's go." He stretched his one arm out for me to take.

I nodded with a smile before taking his hand. I got out and glanced up at the house as a dose of nostalgia swept over me with happy and some sad memories in it.

Hayden jumped in ecstasy on seeing the house.
"Your house is so pwetty!!" He glanced at Hazel with a grin.

Daria bent down to him with a smile.
"It's your house too, Hayden." She said.

Hayden looked up at her with a frown.
"Really??"

Daria nodded and pinched his cheek. The smile on her face was not leaving. There was a glint of adoration shining in her eyes.
"Yes!! My cutie pie." She chuckled.

All together, we entered the house. The house was still so refreshing with the plants around. The house was still the same, immaculate and impeccable, with the decor neatly arranged. One by one, each place reminded me of each memory that we had together.

Hayden and Hazel made their way towards the playroom as my eyes landed on one particular room. It was Nadia's room. I cautiously walked towards the room.

The superstar 🌟

The glittery letters were still stuck on her door with some stars along with it.

I brushed my fingers across the two words..

'I'll be the next rising star of Hawaii.'

Her words ringed in my ear as my eyes welled up. Taking a deep breath, I turned the door knob. A smile spread across my lips as the room was still the same. The pink and white walls with a small bed in the corner with white sheets draped and a pink blanket above it. I took a step inside as my eyes landed on Nadia's huge photo frame, in which she was holding her guitar with a grin. On the other side of the room was her rose gold mini guitar, hung on the wall, still looking brand new.

I pursed my lips as all the emotions were swelling in me. I still can't believe that she's not here with us.. anymore.. that she's gone.. she had so many wishes lined up for herself.. she wanted to see Hayden and Hazel, she wanted to visit Paris... and we promised her that we'll take her during her summer holidays. There were so many wishes, but one main wish of hers was... to become a great musician and singer in her future. But..--

"You're here!!" I heard Harold's voice from behind as I spun around.

He smiled and walked forward towards me. I moved a little away as he reached me.
"I think I should go!" I said, and I was about to walk past him when he caught my wrist and pulled me back before hugging me.

I stiffened in my spot with my hands fisted on my sides. My eyes widened in disbelief.

"You once permitted me to hug you whenever I'm depressed or stressed... and I'm..." his voice wavered.
".. and I'm not okay." He whispered as he hugged me tightly.

'I permit you to hug me whenever you're depressed or stressed. Just think of me as a mushy panda and hug me.'

My own words ringed in my ear as I sucked in a deep breath.

"All I have is your words, which makes me braver than I believe, stronger than I seem and smarter than I think.. you said.. even if we're apart.. you'll always be with me. These words were the only thread for me to hang on." He whispered as my eyes welled up.

'But if ever there's a tomorrow and we're not together. There is something you must remember. You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But the important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you.'

I was about to hug him back when a voice boomed.
"King -" Harold slowly pulled away from me and spun around to face Dylan, who was standing on the threshold with widened eyes.
"Naomi?!" He said in disbelief before a smile broke out of his lips.
"Welcome back!!" He exclaimed in joy before entering the room.

I smiled at him.
"How are you?" I asked in a low voice.

He grinned.
"As fit as a fiddle." He chuckled.

I turned to Harold.
"Maybe I should leave." I said as Harold frowned.

"So soon!!" Dylan proclaimed as I turned my head to him.

"Yeah.." I was cut off by Dylan.

"Why?? Are you not staying for the celebration." He asked as my confused glance landed on Harold.

Celebration??

What celebration??

__________________________

CEO or MAFIA ? जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें