CHAPTER 22

"What? No..!!" I whined.
"I'm not gonna come with you."

"Stop whining like a kid, Miss Nolan." He said with a grim expression.
"And don't you dare embarrass me infront of Mr Armstrong. I have a very important deal with him."

"But--" I was cut off.

"And if anything happens because of your immature behavior, you have to face the consequences, Miss Nolan." He was kind of intimidating as I gulped.
"Now follow me." He spun around and marched towards the large two mahogany doors as I followed him suit like a lost puppy.

Why the hell did I even wake up at 6:30. I should have woken up at nine or ten am..

Darn it.

Stupid foolish Naomi.

We entered inside the large house which was more like a palace, with marbled flooring and expensive furnitures and portraits hung on the wall. In the middle of lounge, there was a huge spilt staircase leading upstairs.

A woman came and guided us towards a room, which looked like a conference room. Harold and I entered inside as Mr Armstrong and some other men and women were seated in their seat.

Mr Armstrong passed Harold a questioning look but Harold however asked me to sit on the couch, at the corner of the room. Without muttering any word, I obeyed him.

Harold took a seat next to Mr Armstrong as a young woman stood infront of projector and started explaining about her slides.

Half an hour later:

I yawned.

This is my ninth time of yawning, I was feeling so drowsy. All I wanted was to sleep.

The girl finally said a Thank you to her audience and sat on her given seat.

I grinned as I lifted my head up.

Is the meeting over?

Suddenly Harold stood up from his seat and with proud and high morale, he stood infront of the project before opening his laptop. He started explaining about his ideas as my shoulders slumped and lips twitched downwards.

I inwardly sniffled.

All I wanted was some quality time with Dylan.

But what I got?

An agony time with Mr devil.

Oh god!! Why me??

The meeting went on and on till afternoon as Mr Armstrong clapped his hands then shook his hands with Harold before saying a good job.

Everyone left their seat except for Harold and Mr Armstrong.
"Come Mr Kingston, lunch is ready. Let's have lunch together."

Harold glanced at me and I gave him a firm look, which was NO.

He glanced back at Mr Armstrong and passed him a small smile.
"Sure."

Snooty bastard.

"Good....um.." Mr Armstrong glanced at me as I forced a smile.
"....Miss ...."

"Naomi Nolan." I smiled.

"So Miss Naomi Nolan, will you join us for lunch." Mr Armstrong asked with a smile.

I couldn't say anything so I just blurted out.
"S....sure."

Kingston and I followed Mr Armstrong downstairs towards a large 12 seater dinning table. Mr Armstrong sat on the head of the table while Harold and I sat across each other beside Mr Armstrong.