CHAPTER 89

N     A     O     M     I

"What.. do.. do you mean Naomi?" His voice cracked in the end as his eyes showed pure despair.

"It means I don't consider you to be my anyone." I stated in abhorrence, looking straight at him in the eyes.

"Why?" He whispered to himself and fixed his eyes on the floor.

"Don't make me open my mouth!" I stated curtly at which his head snapped up in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asked, and I looked away from him.
"Just say it!!!" He said.

I chuckled humorlessly before looking at him.
"Really!!!" I wiped my tears harshly from the back of my hand.
"Fine then!!" I gritted.
"Who was more important to you back then, Nadia or those freaking girls that you've saved?" I snarled with my chest, heaving up and down.

"I did.. " he opened his mouth, but I cut him short.

"Don't tell me it was Nadia because it was not.."  I shook my head in denial.
"I saw hesitancy in you when Ron asked for those girls. You could've just given  those girls to him and could've got our Nadia back, but NO!!.." I yelled with tears streaming down my cheeks.
"You..." I hiccuped as tears were continuously flowing down my cheeks with a huge lump formed on my throat.
"You chose... those girls over.. your own daughter." I cried.
"Why??!" I yelled as he walked towards me to hold me, but I pushed him away.
"Why it had to be those girls for you to choose instead of Nadia. WHY??" I screamed, losing all my control.

"Naomi, I did not.. -" a sole tear rolled down his cheeks as he swallowed.

"You know what Nadia had gone through before her death?? Did you even hear what the doctor said.."I wailed as my sobs were breaking down.
"She was partially strangled by that rogue. Her feet were burnt using a blazing rod. She was a victim of assault. Yet she survived all this, but finally... I lost my daughter all because of you." I uttered with a throbbing pain in my heart.

"I'm sorry!!" He whispered with his eyes brimming with tears.

"NO!!!" I exclaimed.
"I don't want your sorry!!" I shook my head in denial.
"I want you to bring me my Nadia back. Can you?!!" I hissed.
"No. You can not!!" I wailed.
"Then why do you roam around being great? Why do you have to be a savior to those goddammit girls, WHY!!" I screeched and threw my hand up in the air in annoyance.

"Nadia was my... daughter.. too. Even I'm in... pain after losing her.." he lamented.

"Your daughter??" Again, I laughed humorlessly.
"You killed her!!" I exclaimed as his eyes widened, and he was taken aback by my words.

"How could.. " I cut him off.

"You're just like your father, Harold ." I glared at him.
"Marcel was blinded with power, and you are blinded with being great." I exhaled.
"But you're worse than Marcel. He was always there to protect you from the demons. He even lost his life while protecting you, but you..." I took deep breath.
"You FAILED!!! You failed to protect Nadia." I snarled.

He was just looking at me, brokenly with tears falling from his eyes. I knew  all my words were slowly slicing his heart into pieces, and he deserved it.

"And you.." I was interrupted.

"Stop it, Naomi!!" Gwen yelled with welled eyes.