CHAPTER 29

Ahh!! Finished.

I just completed watching a romcom movie, I checked the time on the wall clock as it was 2am. It was already midnight as I stretched my arms above my head.

It's been two days since I cursed Harold in Spanish and also made a fool of myself.

What a shame!!

I shook that thought off. I was really parched but my water bottle was empty. I sighed and got out of my bed with my water bottle. As I passed by, my gaze fell onto the alluring moon. It was a full moon and glowing brightly in the midst of darkness.

I had this song in my head,

I sit by myself, talking to the moon.

I know I'm all alone here but I don't feel that loneliness in here, maybe because of Dylan.

But Dylan rarely visits this house.

Oh Dylan!! When are you gonna come meet me.

I'm just like Juliet waiting for her Romeo to come meet her.

I sighed.

Go and fill the water bottle.

Yeah.. yeah.

With that I descended downstairs, everything was dark with no lights illuminating. I walked towards the kitchen and in silence I filled the water into my water bottle.

I exited the kitchen but something surprising caught my eyes. The window beside the staircase was open. The one window door of Harold's room was freaking open. I tiptoed towards the window in complete silence and peeked inside.

The room was dim litted. I couldn't make out the interior of the room properly as only a dim light was illuminating the whole room.

Surprisingly Harold was awake, he was sitting on the bed side couch with a guitar in his hands.

Wait guitar?

Is he into music also?

He was staring at nothing in particular, he looked sad.... yeah sad. Though the room was dim litted, I could clearly see his face. His deep ocean blue eyes were glassy. He looked depressed...you know... extremely sad, broken.

But why?

He looked so broken, as if he was about to cry. I never thought that a man like him, who's void of emotions can also have emotions. Everytime, whenever I look at him, his exterior posture only defines power and that nothing can break him apart. but today, I mean now he just looked like a common man whose broken underneath.

Slowly Harold's fingers moved across the strings of his guitar as soft tunes were produced by it. And with that he started singing.

(Listen to the song while reading.)

"🎶 Thought I found a way,
Thought I found a way out.
But you never go away,
So I guess I gotta stay now.
Oh, I hope someday I'll make it out of here.
Even if takes all night or hundred years.
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near.
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fears 🎶"