CHAPTER 24

"Oh my god!! What to do now?" I was horrified to death but Mr snob just passed me an unconcerned glance.

He tapped his suit pockets then shirt pockets and finally his pant pockets as slowly a frown etched his face.

"My phone...?" He trailed off and suddenly his eyes widened as he muttered a curse under his breath.
"I left my phone at Mr Armstrong's conference room." Even I passed him an unconcerned glance.

Stupid!! Who forgets their precious phone at someone's house.

I don't but maybe he does.

Idiot..

"Do you have Dylan's number?" He asked.

And I nodded.

He stretched his one palm out and I sighed.

I never give my phone to anyone but in this case, I had to.

I unlocked my phone from the pass code before passing him my phone.

He took my phone but suddenly my eyes widened as my face paled.

Shit...shit...shitty..shit...double...shit.

Stupid girl.

I have saved Dylan's name with his name plus with a red heart.

Before I could pull my phone from his grasp, he was already on my contact list followed by Dylan's contact number.

I bit my nails in anxiety.

As Dylan's name popped out with red heart, Harold eyes switched from me to my phone.

"Actually.... he's a.... lovely boy..." I paused.

Boy? seriously!! He's a loving man.

And continued. "So I saved his number.... with a.... red heart. If it was your number, I would have saved it with a.... You know... Devil's emoji."

"Did I ask any explanation, Miss Nolan?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

"No!!"

"Then, shut your mouth."

Ouch!!

Suddenly thunder boomed and the lightening crashed as the rain got heavier turning into a storm.

"Give me my phone back, don't call Dylan." I said in urgency.

"Why?" He frowned.

"Can't you see, thunder is booming. My phone will probably explode into pieces." I explained.

"Who said that nonsense?" He wrinkled his nose.

"Science said that, now give me my phone back."

"Miss Nolan, if anything happens to your phone, I'll buy you a new one." He stated.

"Plus the latest one. Promise." I demanded.

"Promise!!" He gritted.

"Fine, you can call him."

He pressed the call button before placing my phone on his ear.

"Dylan, it's me." He said.
"Yes.... I'll explain everything once I reach there. We are stuck over here and the car has also stopped in the mid track." He paused.
"Do something or send a car...." He gave the address and disconnected the call.

He handed me my phone but then after five minute, my phone again rang and it was Dylan.

I answered the call before putting it on speaker. I showed my phone to Harold and indicated him to talk. He rolled his eyes in exasperation.

"Yes Dylan." He asked.

"King! I don't think, we can send any car or any transport system. The roads are flooded and the wind is too loud to send any air transport." Dylan said.

Harold sighed. "So what should I do now."

"I've traced your location and found that, half a kilometre from your location there's a motel, you and Naomi can spend a night there until the storm calms down." Dylan responded.

Motel!!?

"Hmm." Harold hummed and I disconnected the call.

"You should have checked the weather report before coming to kawela bay." I yelled.
"I'm not gonna stay in some motel."

He scowled.
"Unlike you, I have many other things to do rather then checking a weather report and we don't have any other option. The only option  for now is the motel."

"We do have an option.. you know, I've seen in movies, whenever the car stops like this. The hero gets out and pushes the car and the engine will automatically start" I said hopefully.
"You know, we should try it out."

"It's raining!" He reasoned out.

"No problem, just get out and check." I said softly with a smile.

"You!" He pointed a finger at me. "Get out and check." he said authoritatively as I gulped.

"Me?" I asked in alow voice.

"Yes! Now."

Asshole.

Muttering a curse under my breath, I opened the door and got out as the heavy rain came pouring down at me, drenching my hair and clothes. Puddles of water came flowing down on me as I reached the trunk of the car. The wind was thrumming and it was very cold as I shivered. I tried to push the car but it wasn't moving an inch.

"Ughhh!!" I panted.

I walked forward and knocked on the window, he rolled his window down and flinched as the blowing heavy wind carried the water inside.

Bastard.

"It isn't working!" I shouted.

"I knew it will not work." He muttered.
"Wait outside, I'll come." He rolled his window up as I hugged myself due to the cold.

I moved aside for him to open the door. But the next moment, when he opened the door, my blood boiled.

Because peeking out of the door was an umbrella, he had an umbrella in his car yet he didn't give it to me.

Bastard, asshole, shit head, dick, son of a bitch, wanker, nasty bitch and so on..

The list is long.

"You had an umbrella!!" I bursted.
"Why didn't you give it to me?" I was drenching wet from top to bottom because of him.

"I.." he raised his chin up. "..... temporarily forgot about the umbrella."

What an attitude! Ugh..

I pushed my hands forward to strangle him but he took a step back.
"Behave, Miss Nolan."

"You cheap little piece of shitty bastard." I bursted.

He raised a brow. "Watch your mouth Miss Nolan."

My nostrils flared as I balled my fists. Rage was consuming my every nerve as I clenched my eyes shut.

Breathe in, breathe out. Control.

I opened my eyes.
"Now, share the umbrella." I said lowly yet dangerously.

"You are already drenched Miss Nolan. There's no point in sharing umbrella." He smirked.

ENOUGH..

I pulled the umbrella from him but he had a tight hold on it.

"Miss Nolan, behave... ouch." I stomped on his feet but still the nerve of this dude, he wasn't leaving the umbrella.
"Fine, I'm sharing." He finally said as I stopped my struggles.

He held the shaft of the umbrella in between us as we had a feet distance between us. With that we started walking together towards the said so called Motel.

________________