CHAPTER 17

With the grace of God, the almighty, today I didn't get a call from Harold Kingston early in the morning to come downstairs and to have breakfast with him, which I was glad about. I woke up exactly at half past nine, I brushed my teeth and descended downstairs. My bowl of breakfast was placed on the table with a spoon beside it.

I marched towards it and remove the silver foil from the bowl only to find a cold boring looking twenty five dollar porridge.

Not again..

I heated the porridge and ate it with a great difficulty with a scrunched nose.

After having my breakfast, I walked towards the lounge to do my today's activity.

There inside the lounge was a small golden statue of a man, he was holding a rod, wearing an ancient time army clothes. As I had nobody to talk with, I took the statue from the table and lifted it up towards my face.

Duh!! I can't even talk with my friends about my current life..

And I know I'm crazy.

Staying with the mafia has led me to lose a nut in my brains.

"Hi....um my name is Naomi." I stared at the statue hopelessly.

I'm a nutcase.

Totally gone.

"So my today's activity is..." I paused as I kept my other hand on my beating heart with a sad look on my face.
"Today.." I paused again as I took a deep breath.
"Today I'm going to read a Mafia book" I sucked in my breath just by the mention of the book.

I never read dark romance novels, it always grosses me out, the male lead is a pure shitty devil while female lead is always a pure kind hearted angel.

The book I love to read is in which there is a bubbly bakery characters. Those kinds of books make me reach my dreamland.

Dylan and me..

Oh god!!

I sighed.

Concentrate Naomi.

I kept the statue back on its place and plopped down on the couch and rested my long legs up on the coffee table.

I opened my phone and searched for the Mafia book. I need a book with a strong female lead.

I'm staying with a Mafia and to protect myself from that devil, I'm reading this mafia book. To know some tricks or stratagem on how to tame this mafia devil and now only some realistic mafia books can help me.

I scrolled down my phone and lot of books were like, Mafia kidnapped the female protagonist because he likes her and wants her to himself.

What a bullshit??

I scrolled further more down to find a proper book. And finally I found one. It was taming the mafia devil.

The description was:

I have only one mission to accomplish and succeed on it. He ruined my everything, my family, my hope, my love and now I'm gonna ruin him, brutally. I know it's hard but I won't give up. I don't care if I die in process because I have nothing to lose, there's nobody for me now because of him and now my only thing in my life is to accomplish in my mission and that is to kill the most treacherous being on earth, the mafia devil.
Your gonna see your death soon because angel is on her way to kill you.

To know more, read the story.

Okay this story kind of suited me, so the female lead is gonna tame that bastard and kill him.