CHAPTER 60

N         A          O          M         I

Wowwwww!!!!!

The ball gown ordered by Harold as a gift for me was mind-blowing.

As Harold already knew that I don't have any gowns with me, he ordered a very beautiful golden colour ball gown. It was beautiful with an off shoulder and full sleeved theme and shimmers all around it. Matching to the gown he also bought a matching golden heels. And it was delivered today without any delivery charge to pay.

And tomorrow is the masquerade ball!!!!

Gosh!! I'm so excited.

I've never been to a masquerade ball before!!.

And upon that this dress is.... exquisite!!!  I'm loving this!! God I'm sooooo excited!!!

I should be grateful to Harold as he thought of me and bought me this beautiful gown. Harold is a sweet guy and an honorable CEO.

Suddenly the telephone ringed inside my room as I took it from the nightstand before receiving the call.

"Hello!"

"Where are you?" Harold's voice boomed through the telephone.

"Obviously I'm in my room!"

"Um...yeah.." he chuckled slightly.

"Well, I'm coming downstairs to make myself a coffe, do you want coffee??"

"Sure!!"

"On my way, sir!" I disconnected the call and marched outside my room before descending downstairs.

Harold was standing inside the dining area, he was wearing a black tshirt along with black sweat pants. I passed a smile to him and walked upto him to thank him.
"The gown is so beautiful, it is so elegant and so soo beautiful. I just loved the gown and the heels, it's just so classy..."

"Um... can I get my coffee first." I was cut off by him.

I passed him a sheepish smile,
"Sure!"

I walked inside the kitchen and started preparing him a coffee. After preparing the coffee, I marched out of the kitchen and placed the cup of coffee on his side of the table, where he was sitting.

I sat across him and started blabbering about my gown and heels, which he gifted to me and he was listening to me quietly while sipping on his coffee.  Finally I ended my ramblings with a huge thank you.

He stood up and along with him even I stood up and walked upto him.

"Thanks for the coffee." He smiled.

"Oh! It's nothing." I waved a dismissive hand.
"A huge thank you to you for the ball gown!!! Gosh!! I'm so excited for tomorrow's masquerade ball." I giggled in excitement while he smirked.

"Are you excited for the masquerade ball or are you excited to see Dylan and Gwen?!"

I wanted to roll my eyes but I prevented my eyes from moving heavenward as it's a disrespected gesture and he was my boss.

I passed him a sweet smile.
"I'm excited only for the masquerade ball!"

"Oh I see!!"

"Yes!"

"So now you're not crushing on Dylan anymore?" He quirked his amused brows.

My anger was slowly escalating but I controlled it.
"Nope!! Not anymore."

"And on me?!" He smirked and...

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

I had enough!!

Out of anger, I jabbed my index finger on his lower stomach harshly as he suddenly clutched his tummy and bent down a little and started groaning in pain.

"Owwww!!" He was still bent down and he was clutching his stomach.

"What happened?!" I asked in a low voice as anger cooled down and fear overwhelmed me.

He was still groaning.

Is he pretending???

I guess no!! It's looks real.

"What happened?? Are you okay?" I asked as worry skated all over my face.

He slowly stood straight with pained expression.
"Yeah I'm fine, it's just....." he trailed off as he slowly lifted the little of his tshirt up.

I gasped in horror as my jaw hung low because, on the right side of his stomach was a bandage plastered and half the bandage was covered with blood. I bent down and saw his wound closely.
"How did this happen?!" I looked up at him and he was smiling down at me.

I fixed my gaze back to the wound, I could also see a little of his abs, his body was as fair as those milkybars. But there was no sign of any tattoos on his body.

Silly, he ain't a mafia king!!

I stood straight and he pushed his tshirt down to cover his body before saying.
"Encountering all these deadly things!!" He shook his head and clicked his tongue.
"Consequences of being a mafia king!!"

Liar!!

I was trying hard to control my smile.
"Yeah..all these mafia things." Even I shook my head in disapproval and he nodded in agreement.
"But what happened actually?!" I asked.

H      A      R       O      L       D

"I was just trying the new armor that we ordered to check the correctness but while removing, the sharp edge of the armor slashed my skin causing a small cut." I smiled as her jaw was hung low.

"What do you mean a small cut, it's such a big one." Her eyes widened even more.
"Is it paining?!" She asked.

"A little!"

"Can you attend the masquerade ball tomorrow?!"

"Of course!! It's not that bad."

A small smile touched her lips,
"Please sit, don't stand much." I sat on the chair while she stood infront of me.
"Do you need anything?" She asked.

I don't know why but I feel really good when she takes care of me.. it just makes me happy.

I narrowed my eyes playfully at her before a smirk tugged up my lips,
"Are you really not having a crush on me?"

In return she groaned and rolled her eyes.
"Like seriously!! Are you ever gonna get better." She shook her head in frustration.
"And FYI, I am surely not crushing on you Mr Harold Kingston.!!!" She stomped her feet and walked away from me and I just sat there chuckling at her retreating figure.

Maybe I'm surely crushing on her...

_____________________

Sorry for the short chapter, but really didn't have time to make it long.. 😅