CHAPTER 83

H      A      R      O      L     D

I frantically tapped my foot on the floor and leaned back on my seat before glancing up at Mrs Evans, who was explaining about the shares that have increased within the month which was quite impressive but I was in no mood to listen and also sit inside the goddammit conference room.

I sighed.

Nadia was forcefully sent to school, and I was forcefully sent to the office. Naomi is strict as hell.

Again, I couldn't help but sigh.

When is she going to end the bloody meeting??!!

Suddenly I heard my ringtone as I jerked up and looked around the table. But I couldn't find it.

Remembered!!! I kept my phone inside the drawer.

Surely Naomi is calling!!

Maybe she got her labor pain.

I warned her about it, but she didn't listen and forced me to attend this stupid meeting!!

Before I could pull the drawer beneath me open, Mrs Evans called me.
"Mr Kingston, do you have any doubt?"

I looked up at her and waved my hand.
"No!! You continue." I passed her her sheepish smile.

And the very next moment, I pulled the drawer open and took my phone out silently. A sullen expression took over my face as I saw the caller ID.

Marcel Dèlacourt..

I disconnected the call and pushed my phone inside the drawer, but before I could shut it close, my phone dinged.

It can be Marcel or it can also be Naomi.

Contemplating for a second or two, I finally pulled it out to check whose message was it.

I groaned inwardly as it was Marcel. Nonetheless, I checked what it was.

Harold, it's not about me or about you. It's about your daughter, Nadia. So please come and see me at the main streets of O'ahu. It's urgent.

My heart thudded inside my rib as I sucked in my breath. Fear was engulfing my each and every nerve.

it's about Nadia.

He's playing a game.. he's tricking me again...he did the same last time.

I tried to conceal my fear, but I couldn't mask it anymore. Hastily, I stood up as all the heads jerked towards me, but I didn't bother to give them any reasons as I strode fast towards the door and exited.

............

I pulled the handbrake as the car halted at Nadia's school. In haste, I ran out and marched towards her classroom. I reached her classroom and entered in before looking around for her. A blonde woman approached me with a frown lacing her face.
"Who are you searching for, sir?" The woman asked.

"Nad..Nadia Kingston...my daughter." I stuttered.

Her eyes narrowed in puzzlement.
"You're Mr Kingston, Nadia's father?" I abruptly shook my head in, yes.

"Where is she??" I couldn't see her inside the class..anywhere.

"Um.." she faltered.
"She left soon..with her driver?" She informed.

"Who driver?"

"Not the regular one, but he had that black card with king imprinted on it, and it also had your signature. The school has been informed that she can leave with only one's who has that card." She said.
"Is everything alright??"

I was lost and blank. I blinked and nodded before moving out of the class. Tears burned in the back of my eyes as I was fuming in rage.

I'm gonna kill Marcel with my bare hands today..

Blood never mattered to me..

..................

The car halted at the O'ahu main street. I balled my fist as I was seething. Marcel's gonna pay for what he did and for what he's doing. With quick strides, I marched towards the dark building before moving to his cabin. I pushed the door open.

Marcel stood up from his chair as he saw me.
"Harold...it's urgen--.." Before he could complete his sentence, I lunged forward and punched him hard as he was slightly taken aback.

"You hit me!!!" He rubbed his lips using his fingertips.

"I'll kill you!!!!!!" I roared. My whole body was trembling out of rage.
I lunged forward and grabbed his collar.
"It has always been a game to you, hasn't it?" I grimaced at him.

How can he be so tyrant??

He couldn't even spare that little one.

"But alas!! You're using the same trick as the last time." I hissed.
"No games with my daughter... you killed mom, and I couldn't do anything, but if anything happens to Nadia.. I don't know what I'm gonna do." I gritted.

His widened eyes welled up as he pushed me back before fixing his posture.
"I love you the same way you love your daughter." His voice wasn't cold as always. Instead, it was soft.
"Why do you think I constructed a company here in O'ahu, Honolulu? Why?" He asked, but I was glaring at him hard.
"Just to protect you from the demons outside." He whispered.

But I know he's playing a mind game with me.

"I don't need your fatherhood now." I hissed.
"Just give me my daughter back!"

"Your daughter is my granddaughter, and I'll do anything to protect her." He placed his arm on my shoulder.

I swatted his arm harshly from my shoulder,
"Where. Is. She?!" I emphasized each word loud and clear.

"She's not with me!!" He whispered helplessly.

"Stop with the games, Marcel. I'm warning you." My voice was filled with menace.
"She's my daughter... even a small scar on her will lead you to your death." My whole body was shuddering with a mixture of rage and fear.

"I wish..she was here.. I would've carried her up in my arm and played with her..." I cut him off as I groaned loudly.

"WHERE IS NADIA???!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Marcel glanced down in despair before whispering.
"She's with......."

______________________

Any guesses who the main villain is??
😊❤️