CHAPTER 85

N   A   O   M   I

I was lying on the hospital bed after enduring a lot of pain. I glanced at the cradle where Hayden and Hazel were sleeping soundly.

I heaved a long sigh and glanced at the wall clock. It has already been two hours, and still, Harold and Nadia are not here.

Maybe Harold is stuck in a meeting.

But he should have quit his meeting and come to me as he promised. Last time, during Nadia's delivery, Harold was with me the whole time, and it was much easier than this.

I exhaled.

I wonder where he's stuck and when he is getting Nadia.

I can't wait to see both of them, especially Nadia. I want to capture her expression while she sees Hayden and Hazel. She's gonna be so ecstatic.

"Why are they not here yet??!" I asked Daria, who was sitting on the couch, glancing at the babies.

She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head in response.
"I called King an hour ago, and he said he's on his way to Nadia's school, but he's not here yet." She stated in puzzlement.

"Pass me my phone.." she passed me my phone, and I dialed Harold's number, but he wasn't picking up. Every call of mine went to voice-mail.

A weird kind of restlessness took over me.
"Why is he not picking up??" I mumbled to myself.

I tried again, but again, it went to voice-mail.

I placed my phone beside my head and closed my eyes. Different kinds of horrific scenarios were going on in my head, making me even more restless.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

Everything's fine!!

Suddenly, my phone rang as my head snapped at the side. I picked it up and checked the caller ID.

I frowned.

It was a call from an unknown number.

I declined the call and kept my phone aside, but after a second, it rang again, and it was the same unknown number.

I picked it up and answered it,
"It's a wrong num....--" I was cut off.

"Don't you dare cut the call on me, lady." A voice which was dead scary said.

"Who are you??!" I asked in confusion.

"That's the right question to ask.." The voice said.
"Well, before we begin our conversation, I want you to hear something, Mrs Kingston..." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he knew me.
"Talk!! It's your mother. " The voice said, and an uneasiness was growing even more in the pit of my stomach.

"Mom.." My breath hitched, my  eyes widened as I recognized the voice. It was Nadia. Her voice was low as though she had been crying.

I swallowed the lump and tried to calm my nerves.
"Baby, where are you??" I asked as I could hear her sniffling.

"I don't.... know w..here I... am. This uncle.. brought me here, and he.. hi.. --" her voice vanished away as again I heard a deep, unknown voice.

"Your lovely daughter is with me. Come and get her within an hour, or else you're going to see her lifeless body." The cold voice said and continued.
"I've sent you a location and do come alone, If you want to see your daughter alive." With that, the call was disconnected as I blankly stared at my phone screen.

Someone kidnapped Nadia..

My whole posture trembled in fear. There were two notifications. I tapped on two new messages that I've received from the same unknown number.

I gasped hard as I looked at my phone screen. The first one was a picture of Nadia, surrounded in a dark room. A gun barrel was pointed towards her forehead, and her face was red with all the crying. Daria walked towards me and asked.
"What happened??!"

She peeked through my phone as her widened in disbelief.
"What happened??.. where is Nadi baby..?" Worry lines appeared on her forehead, but I was too scared to even talk.

Below the picture was a location. I tapped on it, and it was 45-minute distance from here. I didn't know I was crying until the salt water flowed down from my eyes, giving a taste of my own tear. A huge lump was already formed on my throat, and it was hard to swallow.

I got up from the bed, and a sharp pain coursed through my body from below. Ignoring the pain, I pulled the infused pipes out of my wrist and marched towards the door, but Daria blocked my way.

"Where are you going? In this condition, you can't even walk." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I have to get Nadia..." I hiccuped.
"Just take care of yourself, and please look after Hayden and Hazel. Stay inside the room, LOCKED!!" I said and made my way out of the room.

While walking down the corridor of the hospital, a nurse stopped me from going, but I pushed her away and limped towards the exit.

Finally, I reached the parking lot. I asked the car keys from the driver, but  he insisted on coming. I begged him to just listen to me, and finally, he gave up.

Now, I was in the car, driving. The pain from down was partially killing me, but Nadia, being kept hostile by some dangerous people, was eating me up.
I wiped my tears and dialed Harold, but he was not picking up.

Goddammit!!!! Pick up the phone, Harold..

I tried again, but all my tries went on vain as he was not picking up. I drove towards the narrow road, where the GPS was telling. Rows and rows of trees were surrounded everywhere, leaving a narrow strip road ahead.

Finally, I reached the said location. It was a small stone cottage with a dark atmosphere surrounding everywhere. I got out of the car, and again, a sharp pain striked from below. I took a step forward and walked towards the door of the cottage.

The old wooden door creaked while opening. I took a step inside the dark atmosphere.
"Nadia!!" I called.

I walked towards an open door and pushed it open, but there was no one inside. Inside the room was another door. I walked forward and pushed that door open, too. Again, there was no one.

This small cottage had numerous doors, but none door made me reach towards Nadia.
"Nadia!!" I called again after opening so many doors. I was losing my hope until..

"Mom..."

____________________

Keep scrolling, the next chapter is waiting.
❤❤