CHAPTER 66

H      A       R      O       L       D

My eyes fluttered open as I felt a hand around me and also a leg above me. I smiled and turned around on my bed to face her. She was very close to me, her eyes closed, her hair a mess, her lips slightly parted and her soft snores were heard. She was a mess but in a beautiful way.

I smiled and tilted my face forward before pressing my lips on her forehead in a small peck. She stirred and turned straight as I sat straight with my back leaning on the headboard. Previously, her mere presence was enough to annoy me but now it changed, her mere presence is enough to brighten my mood. At first, her talks were nothing but a gruff voice coming out of an ancient radio but now it has turned melodious to my ears. She's being my addiction, my weakness and I know what this feeling is but I strictly don't want to admit it.

I can't put someone's life in danger just to fill my addiction.

No!!

I cannot!

Specially not with Miss Nolan.

She was everytime here, whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on, for a while to rely. But now it's time to let her go. I know it's hard but it's for her own good.

"Ahhh...--" I was pulled out of my long trance as Miss Nolan screeched using her gruff voice.

She in a jiffy covered her face with the blanket and started yelling,
"You've been staring at me the whole time?! You know I hate it when people stare at my morning face..." she groaned.
"I look so ugly... oh god!!!" She turned on the other side and stood up. Without showing her face, she sauntered out of the room in haste.

And I just sat there, laughing at her childish behavior. But soon this laughing stock is going to go back to her previous life, as normal as simple.

A sad smile touched my lips.

She has to go, it's for her own good.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my bathroom to get ready for my office.

................

There is something special, 
There is something close,
There is some unknown feeling..
There is some closeness yet there is farness,
There is some loneliness yet there is happiness,
I don't know what this is? I don't know?
Maybe it's love ohh..
Maybe it's love ohh..
Ahaahahaaha haha..

"Seeing the book after a long time!!" I flinched as I heard Dylan's sudden voice.

In a jiffy, I closed my lyrics book and looked up at him. I was in my office cabin. Instead of signing the important papers, I was writing a song.

"Writing a song?" He wiggled his brows.

"Hmm." I sighed.

I can't lie to him.

"Any news from the committee?!" He asked as I shook my head in no.