CHAPTER 49

Harold's age : 17

H A R O L D

The cold breeze brushed past me, sending a shiver down my spine. I stood there coldly staring ahead of me at my mother's graveyard.

Rest. In. Peace.

Helen Kingston

A mother, daughter and savior.
Known for her kindness and humble nature.
A woman of words.
May her soul rest in peace.

Was engraved on her stone and I felt numb.....the extreme agony just made me numb. The one question was still bothering my mind.

Why??

Why did dad-- Marcel Dèlacourt kill my mother and why was mom's name written as Kingston instead of Dèlacourt.

I wanted answers but I didn't want to ask questions with anyone.

Even I was in fault, I couldn't save her. She died in front of my eye sight and I couldn't do anything to save her.

Everyone in here thought that it was the fire accident that killed my mom but no one knew the real reason behind my mother's ash turned body.

(The song above, do listen to it.)
A girl was singing infront of my mother's grave. And I felt like dead man, staring blankly at my mother's grave.

The song ended and the priest was chanting something but I couldn't even focus on that because of the million questions I had.

"Hey!!" Dylan patted my back as I looked at him with void eyes.
"Priest is calling you up.... you have to give a piece of praise to your mother.......come on you can do it." Dylan whispered as I nodded before walking up towards my mother's grave.

I stood there looking at everyone as they waited for me to give my vote of praise to her. But nothing came out. My heart started beating rapidly as my eyes welled. The flash image of her death just appeared in front of my eyes as I shuddered with fear.

"I..I ..can't!!!" I whispered and got down before walking away from her grave.

The priest nodded in understanding and people in here placed a red rose on her graveyard. Everyone passed me their gratitude while leaving and I could only give them a single nod. Some eyes gave me a pity... sympathetic look while some gave me an encouragement look.

Mr Davidson came and hugged me.
"You need to know about your mother's life." He whispered while pulling back.
"Come with me." He said and marched out as I followed him behind.

We both sat inside the car as he revved the engine before driving.

"What is it you wanted to tell me Mr Davidson?" I asked in a low voice while staring ahead of the road.

"Everything that your mother went through." He said and the car came to a halt infront of a five story building.
"This is the reason behind your mother's death." He said pointing towards the building.

Before I could ask any questions, he got out of the car and I followed suit.

"Did you know that your parents divorced a year ago?" He asked and a subtle frown was etched as I was confused.