CHAPTER 99

N     A     O     M     I

"What celebration?!" I asked, facing Dylan.

He frowned in return.
"It's Hayden and Hazel's birthday today." He replied.

My face was void of any emotions, but beneath I was dumbstruck.

Do they celebrate Hazel's birthday??

But it's Nadia's death day!!

Before I could say anything, Harold butted in by clearing his throat.
"It's not like a grand party.. it's just like cutting a cake and wishing them with a gift.. that's it." Harold said.

I passed him a slight nod in reluctance. What else can I do??

"So just wait till the celebration.. even Gwen is on her way here. She'll be happy to see you again." Dylan grinned.

"But..-" I was cut short by Harold.

"Please." He whispered as I glanced up at him.

And again, all I could do was give him a subtle nod. I just don't want to hurt him more. So I'm agreeing with what he's saying because I'm just here for today. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving.

Together, we all walked out of the room, and my eyes landed on our room.

It was our room, but now it's his.

"King, I need to talk to you." Dylan said and excused himself along with Harold.

My feet involuntarily took me over to the room. Now, I was standing in front of Harold's room. With shaking hands, I turned the door knob and opened the door. My breath hitched as I saw the room. It was still the same. I walked inside the room. My eyes faltered towards his study table as I walked up to it. The table was like always, clean and ordered, and on the corner side of the table, there was our wedding photo frame leaning against the wall, and above the table, on the wall, were so many photo frames of ours. Starting from our wedding pic till the day of Nadia's birth.

There was an open envelope lying on his table with a photo dragged out of it. I frowned as I saw myself in the photo. I took the photos out of the envelope. There were numerous photos of me, sitting in the patio, walking down the streets, and many others.

I knew he was spying on me.

But I don't blame him, nor I'm angry. He's spying on me just to know if I'm okay or not. I know he loves me way too much than I deserve, and the spy thing has its own reason to be.

I pushed the photos inside before placing the envelope back on his table. My eyes wandered towards the guitars hung on the wall and then on the grand piano.

A smile touched my lips as I made my way towards the piano. I brushed my fingers across the keys as my eyes landed on the book. His song book.

I opened the book and the first song was.

My life is happy..
'Cause of you, my baby.
You're the light that is so bright.
Shines like a star, in my life.