CHAPTER 42

Is Marcel Dèlacourt Harold's father??

No!!

He can also be some relative to him but the way Marcel was looking down at Helen was so adorable.

But...

I'm still confused.

So if Marcel is Harold's father then why Harold hates his father so much??

Marcel.
Helen.
Harold.
Ashar.
Anthony.

Everything is connected yet I just can't join the dots.

I was inside my room pacing back and forth trying to figure out who Marcel is really to Harold.

After giving the file, I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about the photoframe.

I took my phone from the nightstand and approached Google before typing..

Who is Harold Kingston's father??

It was still buffering as I waited patiently.

The page opened revealing nothing but only three words which were 'no result found'.

I sighed.

Why am I even bothering??

Whoever his father is, why do I care?

I sat on the bed..

No more discussions on Harold's private life.

It's just driving me nuts.

Suddenly my phone dinged as I glanced at it, there was a message from Dylan. I tapped on it to read his message.

Come downstairs, I'm waiting :)

Is he here?

I scurried out of my room before descending downstairs. Dylan was there, sitting on the chair inside the dining area with a big bowl of dinner infront of him.

"Hi!!" I chirped.

"Hey Naomi.!!" He smiled.
"Come let's have dinner together." He pointed towards the chair across him, where there was also a bowl of dinner.

I smiled and sat there before opening my bowl, it had a grilled chicken and a spinach spicy spaghetti.

"I hope you like the food." He said.

"I like it." I said as I took the spoonful of spaghetti before stuffing it inside my mouth.

"Glad you do." With that, he also took a spoon of his food.

There was a silence for few minutes until I spoke up,
"Um...where is Harold?"

"He didn't tell you?" His brows furrowed as I shook my head in no.
"Actually he won't be coming here today, he left for Washington for a day for an important meeting, so he sent me to stay here for a day.... you know... after the trespassing, he can't let you stay here alone."

So Mr mafia won't be here tonight and tomorrow..

I should be happy but I was not and I don't know the reason why?

"Ohh..." I trailed off.

"Missing him already?" He gave me that teasy smile and I rolled my eyes.

Like seriously!!! What has my life turned into?

Harold keeps teasing me on his name while he's teasing me on Harold's name.

"Not really." I replied.

We had our dinner quietly but my mind was still on that photograph.

Should I ask Dylan about it?

Maybe he would know something about it?

After dinner we both sat inside the lounge with hot steaming cup of coffee in our hand.
"Dylan!!" I called.

"Hmm." He hummed in return.

"Can I ask you something? You wouldn't mind right?"

"No!! Ask anything you want." He took a sip of his coffee.

Okay..

Taking a deep sharp breath I asked my question.
"Is Marcel Dèlacourt, Harold's father or any relative?" I crossed my fingers in nervousness.

Hope he answers my question..

Suddenly his eyes widened and his posture stiffened as he glanced down at me with utter shock and disbelief.

"It's okay you don't have to answer and please--" I was cut off.

"Did king tell you about it?" He asked with a serious expression and I didn't know how to answer it.

Actually I sneaked into his things and found out.

Well, I didn't actually sneak into his things.

"Um..." again I was interrupted as again a teasy small smile appeared on Dylan's lips.

"So something is going on between you and king."

No!!

Wait!!!

This is your time act smart.

Shyly I tucked a loose strand behind my ear and I was trying hard to blush but that stupid red hue was not appearing on my cheeks.

"Actually... once I witnessed Harold having a nightmare and when I asked about it, he did wanted to tell me but whenever he starts talking about it, he suddenly turns weepy and I stop him because I just can't see him like that." I faked a sad expression.

Even Dylan had a sad smile on his face.
"It was hard for him to come out of that."

"What had actually happened?"

He looked at me with such a sadness filled face and started.
"You know Helen Kingston, king's mother.." I nodded.
"She was in the same college as Marcel in London University and from there the story begins." He said as I was listening to him intently.

"There were dating each other without knowing anything about each other. Helen ma'am was deeply in love with Marcel, an english woman fell for an Italian man. As she was in her final year she got pregnant with Marcel's child in her. She had a choice of abortion but she chose to keep it. When her parents got to know about her pregnancy, they threw her out of the house as she denied for an abortion. Marcel was there for her, he supported her in every ups and downs. She was staying with him in men's dorm and was also attending college, there were hardships but they both faced it together." He exhaled and I was staring at him, listening intently to his words.

"The labour month arrived as she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Harold. She finished her college and Marcel was there for her in the every step of her life. After college, both of them left London and shifted to Hawaii, and at first it was hard.. in an unknown place without money with baby in their arms. Slowly both started earning and spent their life normally. One day Helen ma'am took a business loan to start up a business and it worked, within a very few period she brought up a small successfull company named SDC and it slowly peaked to every success. Marcel and Helen ma'am were working together for their company beneficials. They got married when Harold was two years old. There were a perfect family until one day, Marcel changed and everything changed." He took a sip of his coffee before continuing.

"You know how are old king was, always with a guitar in his hand and singing everyday, singing was his passion. But all the old days changed as Marcel destroyed everything...even his own son. Marcel brought the worst of himself and snatched peace from Helen ma'ams and king's life." Dylan gave me a serious look before saying.

"And now the actual story begins."

______________________

The next few chapters will be in third persons pov, I hope it's okay with you all.

If you all like the story please comment, vote and share.
Thank you 😊.