CHAPTER 19

Buzz!! Buzz!! Buzz!!.

My eyes slowly flickered open. It wasn't the telephone, it was my alarm. I sat straight on my bed and stretched my arms above my head before turning off the alarm.

I made my way towards the bathroom and did my morning routine. Coming out of the bathroom, I wrapped a floor length robe on me to look decent enough infront of Harold.

The sun has not rose yet, it was five in the morning but still today I woke up really soon. Because today I'm going to cooking myself a delicious breakfast.

I slowly tiptoed downstairs, it was dark and the lights were off and Harold was not yet out. I made my way towards the million dollar kitchen and switched on the lights.

Gosh!! I can't believe today I'm going to cook here.

I opened the cupboard and took all the required ingredients. I started preparing my breakfast with my whole heart.

Finally it was done, I sliced strawberries in two and placed it beside my delicious looking pancake. Then I poured some maple syrup on the pancakes before placing a mint leaves above it to make it look even more delicious. I neatly placed the fried sausages at the sides of the plate.

Delicious.

I clapped my hands in joy as suddenly the bell rang. I looked out at the dining area as I saw Harold passing from there as he has already switched on the lights.

Maybe he didn't notice me.

I shrugged and took my appetizing plate from the counter and marched out of the kitchen and sat on my usual seat.

Harold came into view, wearing a grey two piece suit, looking fresh as heaven. He sat across me giving me a bored look, he had a paper bag in his hand. He took two bowls out of the bag and passed me one.

"As I said yesterday, I don't want your porridge. I've prepared myself a delicious breakfast." I pointed towards my plate and pushed the bowl towards him.

He didn't even bother to reply anything as he opened the bowl of porridge and started eating quietly.

He wasn't staring at my moth watering food as I expected him to do. He was quietly eating his food and that irritated me.

I took my first bite of my pancake.
"Mmmm.....this is so tasty." I moaned in delight to get his attention on my food but still he didn't spare a single glance to my food.
"Don't you dare stare at my food with your evil eyes, or I'm gonna get a stomach ache." I said as all I wanted was a reaction from him and I got.

An exasperated sigh escaped his lips with an eye roll and finally he looked at my delicious looking pancakes.
"Seriously.?" He wrinkled his nose with a narrowed eyes.

Then he stood up, taking the other bowl which was for me and marched inside the kitchen. I peeked through the kitchen and saw him opening the fridge and putting the bowl inside.

I took another bite as he made his way towards the main door and exited the house.

A wicked cheshire smile formed on my lips.

.........

It was eight at night and I was not in mood to cook. For lunch, I prepared myself a tasty fried rice and now I was literally tired to cook myself a dinner. I was starving, so I made my way towards the kitchen and opened the fridge, there was pack of uncooked meat, raw vegetables and at last but not the least, there was a bowl of porridge.

I took the bowl out and heated it inside the microwave for a minute and taking a spoon with me, I walked out towards the dining area. I sat on my seat and opened the bowl. I guess due to hunger, the boring hot porridge looked quite inviting. I digged my spoon inside and took a bite, the porridge didn't taste that bad.

Harold came into view as he took a seat across me, he was still in his grey suit, his golden brown hair disheveled, his blue tie loose. He had a paper bag in his hand. He opened it and took a big bowl out of it.

Sheeh!! Isn't he gonna freshen up.

He took a spoon out of the bag before opening the lid of the bowl. A sizzling aroma of poke hit my nostrils as my eyes bulged out of my sockets, staring at his delicious looking poke bowl.

The sliced avocado neatly placed at the sides of the bowl with salmon in the center, and sliced cucumber at the other side of the bowl with rice beneath it. All over it looked delicious.

"Keep your evil eyes away from my food, Miss Nolan. I might get a stomach ache because of you." A slight mischievous smirk tugged up his lips.

My face burned in embarrassment, so this mafia devil wanted revenge.

"I wasn't looking at your food, I don't even like that dish." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh! What a waste, I even ordered bowl for you but you don't eat poke, so I guess this bowl also gets inside the refrigerator." The slight smirk of his was getting bigger as he took another bowl out of that bag.

I gritted my teeth.
"Yes!!" I forced a smile.

With that, he started eating and I forced this porridge into my stomach.

This time he had that victory satisfactory smile.

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna prepare a very very very delicious food for myself which is gonna make his mouth water.

Watch it Harold Kingston.

_______________________

Sorry, that I couldn't upload a chapter on Monday, so here's the double update.

Thank you 💖