CHAPTER 54

N       A        O        M         I

Did he really agree to stay??!!

He pulled the chair from the study table and dragged it towards my bed and halted before sitting on it. And here I was smiling like a creep at him.

Keep your smile together, girl!!!

He sat across me and I didn't know what to talk. Just staring at each other won't help, right? But what to do??!! Let me just start a conversation.

"Thank God, you came to check up on me or I would have died out of hunger...uhu..uhu.." I coughed and sniffled as my throat and nose were itching.

Like seriously!!! Since yesterday night I wasn't feeling well, yesterday night I had a bad head ache followed by a mild fever. And today morning it was worst, my fever, headache, throat pain and many more sky rocketed as I could not even get up from my bed. As well as I did not even eat or drink anything since morning. I never expected Harold to come and check on me but I'm glad he did. He just saved me from dying.. that's all I have to say.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked.

"Good..." I nodded.
"...paracetamol really did help me. Just some more paracetamol, aspirin and cough syrup will do just fine." I smiled.

"You've got high fever..so... after four hours you have to take the tablet again." He said and I nodded.

"You're really a very good friend.." he qirked his one brow at my statement.
"We're are friends, right?" I waited for a good one minute for his response but he wasn't responding as he was only staring at me, so I added.
"Yes we are!!" I smiled.
"You're just like Kate and Zach."

"Kate and Zach??"

"Kate and Zach are my colleagues as well as my best friends, even they work in your company and to mention they are very hard working just like me." I batted my eyelashes while giving him a proud grin.

"So you have best friends?" He smirked.

"Of course I have but alas I can't talk to them more often." I narrowed my eyes.

"Who said you to not talk, I just said you to not reveal our little secret."

"It's not that..." I clicked my tongue.
"It's just.... whenever I call them they keep asking about mom and about dad's tomb. So I just avoid calling them." My whole demeanor turned gloomy.

"Um.." he cleared his throat.
"I'm sorry for lying to your colleagues... actually we did need a solid reason for your absence so..." he trailed off...

And instantly my mood radiated by listening the sorry word from his mouth.
"It's okay, I understand." I grinned.
"However my parents hate me." Now again glumness occupied me.

"Hate you??" His brows dipped together as a slight frown etched his face.

And my nostrils flared in intense rage while reminiscing the reason behind their anger.
"It's because of that bastard...son of bitch...tattooed egoistic devil...son of that..." I was cut off.

"Who are you cursing though??" His brows furrowed.

"That stupid MIKE!!!!" I gritted my teeth.