CHAPTER 79

N       A       O       M       I

"I was kidnapped by some dangerous gangsters because I saw them killing someone. I was terrified to death as they dragged me out of my apartment by my hair. I was so in pain, and I didn't know where they were taking me. But soon my prince charming came and saved me." It was not an exact truth, but it was the truth with some mixed up lie.

I batted my eyelashes at Zach and Kate, who were giving me a bored look. When they saw me an hour ago, they were so excited, but now they were giving me a shitty boredom look.

Harold and I landed New York this morning, but Harold left for one of his important meetings, but he promised me that he would come here soon to get me. And now we were inside the company cafeteria because I didn't have the gut to  face our monstrous VP.

"Then what happened??" Kate exasperated with a twitched lips.

"Then!!" I smiled and raised my hand to show them my ring.
"I'm getting married to my prince charming." I gleamed and squeled.

The boredom look was long gone as both of their eyes popped out in disbelief.
"What??!!" Both screeched simultaneously.

"Yeah.... and you won't believe Kate, my prince charming is man of dreams..." I was cut off by both of them.

"You're getting married!!"

"Yeah..don't interrupt." I scowled but soon smiled.
"And you will not believe Kate, my prince charming is a man of dreams, and he often happens to come in your dream, and he's your long time crush." I gave her a hint.
"And next time, don't let him enter your dreams and don't crush on him anymore because he's mine."

Goodness possessiveness in my voice..

"Who is he??" Kate scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Hemsworth or Wesley or Reynolds..who??"

I smirked.
"You can not even imagine."

"But..--" Kate was cut off.

"Hey Naomi, long time no see." Shawn, an employee from the legal department called.

I smiled.

"My condolences, heard your father died months ago." He said and walked off, and my face paled.

I still haven't said them about that lie.

"So who is prince charming?.." Kate questioned, but instead of replying, I went to another route of conversation.

"I have to tell you guys another important thing." I said, fiddling with my fingers.

"Now don't tell me that the gangsters killed you, and it took you three months to resurrect." Zach joked and laughed on his own stupid joke while I scowled at him.

"Shut up!!" Both kate and I hissed simultaneously and rolled our eyes at him.

"Actually, the thing is.... my father is alive." I said in a low voice.

"What!!" Kate spat her juice out of incredulity.

"How come??" Zach choked on his burger and started coughing.