The dinner party

Aurelia's POV

I walk back from Eric and head to the orchard where I see Erico waiting for me, he looks curiously and I can feel that he is bursting with questions but he doesn't ask them as it might be unkind but I save him the trouble.

"I am fine Erico, I am sorry to have kept you waiting that was unkind of me, please forgive me" I answer.
"There is nothing to be sorry for Rels, I know that you couldn't fight the dauntless as that would be violent and that's not how an amity responds, but I am curious as to why he keeps focusing his attention on you, I mean wouldn't he be more interested in women his age?" Erico asks as he grabs a picking basket and starts on a row.

"I don't know why he is interested in me, but he seems serious enough about, he has warned me to warn you that you are not to be near me as he doesn't want you getting an ideas which is ridiculous because you are one of my most cherished friends" I reply to him and start picking apples off a tree opposite his row.
"Wow he must be really serious, and must be feeling some degree of affection to you to be feeling that jealous, .... Or maybe it's because of my amazing looks hahaha" Erico laughs.

"I think there is something wrong with you, why would a dauntless, specifically a dauntless leader be interested in me, I mean look at me, I don't look fearless, or strong, or anything like them" I reply, feeling insecure, which makes him look at me in anger which is something I've never seen before.

"You might not look like a dauntless women because you are a amity women, you're beautiful, kind, funny, you have curves any girl would die for, and when you go through initiation this year you will be seen as one of the most beautiful amity women that amity has ever seen, and don't you forget that" he says to me, which leaves me shocked, I have never seen him give such a compliment before, and when did he notice I had curves?

"Erico, you are too kind, you are truly meant for amity, and I shouldn't have hurt your feelings by talking about my insecurities, let us agree that I am a beautiful soon to be amity woman and carry on with picking the apples, we are holding everybody up" I explain, pointing to the other amity who were halfway through with their rows.

"Of course Aurelia, I didn't mean to startle you, it's just,....just, you are too selfless and kind sometimes and you always think of others before yourself, you are highly esteemed, which you should be, you are my friend and it hurts me to see you unhappy" he replies as he is picking off apples.

"I'm sorry to have hurt you, so just think ....hakuna matata, .....what a wonderful phrase" I start to sing, in hopes it will cheer him up.
"Hakuna matata, ain't no passing craze" Erico sings back and before you know it everyone starts to join in
"It means no worries for the rest of your days"
"It's a problem free philosophy, hakuna matata, ohhhh, hakuna matata"

I finish off then everybody starts to clap, and then without thinking I say aloud, "music night tonight 8 o'clock on the dot at my family's cabin, all are welcome" which everybody starts to cheer to that since that everyone is now in the mood, then we all go back to picking our apples a little more quicker when I remember what mum told me.

"oh also Erico? tonight mum and dad has invited you and your family for dinner as well and she won't take no for an answer" I tell him.

He smiles back and replies "not a problem, mum will be happy to come and I'll get dad to fetch his guitar for tonight, I'll be there around 6 o'clock?"
"6 o'clock is perfect, I'll see you soon" I reply and pick the last apple off the last tree, and turn to see Erico has finished as well and we both lug our baskets back to the start where we put them on one of the carts, which will take them to the supply train, which will take the supplies into the city for the other factions.