My name's Four

Aurelia's POV

"We are dauntless, we will make it" I promise tris as a scream follows someone on the net, I turn and see that it's a dauntless born, Jeffrey Yates if I'm correct, then I see Uriah, Christina, and the rest of the dauntless born and transfers come down the net, one by one until there were none left on the top or unless they became faction less, soon enough there was one more drop on the net and I look to see that it's none other than the big bad wolf himself.

Eric hops off the net without any issue and glares at the guy who helped me off, what's his problem with him? As soon as Eric is off the net he stalks off into the shadows of the dauntless compound, we transfers huddle together unsure of what to do until the guy who welcomed us at the net walks up to the front where a dauntless born woman is standing with dreadlocks.

"Dauntless born go with Lauren, I presume you don't need a tour" says the guy pointing to the chick with the dreadlocks and she leads them away leaving us transfers alone with four, there are now 11 of us, four then continues by signalling us to follow him, he talks while leading us further into the shadows "all right transfers listen up, most of the time I work in intelligence and the control room, otherwise during intimation I will be your instructor, my name is four" four announces stopping at a pair of stairs with no railings, how dauntless.

I look to see Christina is itching to comment and that itch wins, "four like the number?" She asks
"Exactly like the number" four answers back with a knowing smirk as if he knows what's going to happen next.
"What happened? Was one through three taken?" She smirks, and for some reason I feel like she poked a sleeping lion, and I was right as four stalks up to her calm.
"What's your name intiate?" He asks Christina calmly.
"Christina" she replies, and he smirks again "Well Christina, the first thing you'll learn from me is if you want to survive in dauntless, you keep your mouth shut, do you understand?" He asks her, intimidating her into silence.

"Yes" Christina replies quietly, receiving the message loud and clear.
"Excellent, now if you'll follow me through here ...." We follow four through a large entryway and look down to see a huge valley of dauntless milling around, laughing, drinking, joking around.
I see shops, a restaurant or two, tattoo and piercing parlour, a few clubs and other places, I look down at the place in amazement, it's like a little oasis.

"Welcome to the pit, the centre of life at dauntless, everything you need or want will be down there, clothes, tattoos, piercings, if you want something they should have it, put choose wisely as initiates you only get a certain number of points, which will increase when you go through next stage and when you pass, the job you choose will depend on the number of points you get, now follow me and I'll show you some other things" four explains as he leads us down another hallway.

I soon start to hear crashing waves and ahead I see a small bridge connecting to either side, four walks onto it before stopping to face us.
"This is the chasm, the only place where a fine line between bravery and idiocy exists, if you try to jump off this ledge you will die, people have done it in the past and they will do it again, but please try to refrain from doing it, it'll save me the paperwork" four explains with a sadness in his voice, did he lose someone from the chasm?

He walks to the other side and we follow him down another few corridors before we stop at a set of double doors where he the turns to us again, "now this will be where you'll be staying for the next few weeks, enjoy" four smirks as he opens up the doors and we all filter in to see 10 beds all out in the open, no privacy.

"Girls or boys?" A tall Candor transfer asks.
"Both, and if you think you're going to love this, you're going to love the bathroom" four answers as he pushes through us to show us the 'bathroom' which was really just another very open, public area room with toilets and showers, no stalls or curtains. Great, note the sarcasm.