Chapter 33: Report for Stage 3

Aurelia's POV

For the first time since initiation in dauntless, I felt tired, like sleeping dead tired, i only woke when Eric was shaking me gently to wake me up and even then it took all of my strength to not fall back asleep, I barely slept at all due to the thoughts that were running through my head throughout the night.

How can I go through with the final stage with knowing what's coming straight afterwards?

I feel contact with my temple and I move my head around to see that Eric was the culprit, he kissed me again, this time on my lips before he started to envelop me in a gentle hug "I can hear all those thoughts running through your head, you need to stop worrying little moon, for our baby's sake" Eric says as he protectively places a hand on my stomach, I can't help but admit it " I'm scared Eric, what if they find out? What if I give everything away?"

"You won't Aurelia, we trust you, I trust you, you've been practicing, you can do it, you can become dauntless, and when you do, there will be nothing that can stop us from being together then, you can officially move in, we can officially announce our baby to everyone, we can get married" he adds as a last remark and I can't help but laugh.

"Sure you would get married to me Eric" I brush it off and turn away from Eric when Eric gathers my chin in his hand and turns my face to meet him " why wouldn't I marry you?" He asks quietly and I feel my eyes start to water, damn hormones, " because I'm just some treehugger that you got pregnant when she was an initiate, who's going to become so fat and ugly and... And..." I can't finish it off as I start sobbing for no damn reason.

Eric says nothing but picks me up and places me in his lap before he turns my body into his and I start crying on his shoulder while he rubs my back soothingly until I stop crying, then he replies "you know the first time I saw you I just wanted to shoot you, I could see that you were just going to annoy the hell out of me, but do you know what happened? Instead I kissed you, I backed you up into a stall and I kissed you senselessly, like nothing else existed, just us".

I stopped crying by then and looked at him with scratchy eyes while he continued " and that was then I realised that you were something differently entirely, you were all I started to think about, honestly if you didn't choose dauntless I probably would've gone crazy, I was crazy that short month that I couldn't see you, I was dead inside, and when you jumped off the train, I knew then and there that no matter what, I'm going to marry that girl, I can't live without her, I would've died if I couldn't see your face one least time Aurelia" Eric admits while his hand cups my face.

" if I haven't said and before I'll say it now, you are my weakness, you're the only person who can bring me to my knees, he'll you've already done that, I want to marry you Aurelia, I want us to share an apartment together, raise our baby together, have more babies, hell I'll definitely be having more babies with you for sure " Eric wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I laugh out loud before I cover his mouth to stop him from talking.

" I already know all of this Eric, I want all of it with you only, I only hope I'm able to survive the final stage without being detected, if I survive that, then you can plan a proposal, provided we all survive with what's coming , but for now, I need to eat " I say trying to lighten the conversation which makes Eric laugh while placing both hands on my stomach now " well you do need to feed my son, if he's to keep growing like his daddy" Eric boasts and I smack his arm.

"And who's to say that he'll be anything like his daddy, he might be like his mummy" I say before kissing him softly which of course always immediately turns into something more passionate and dominating, but before it can go any further I feel a sudden movement in my stomach which makes me break off contact to look down, Eric follows suit just in time to feel another contact, this time against his hand.