Chapter 29: The Plan

Me and Eric keep walking hand in hand down the corridor until we reach the entrance to the pit, from there we stop holding hands and I start to walk forward when I'm brought back in between the shadows " what is it?" I ask him adm he looks at me before tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, he sighs, " I think we should wait to tell everybody, I mean all of dauntless, close friends and family yeah?" He asks and I look at him, in a way I can understand his reasoning, like with not holding hands in direct public, revealing our baby's gender could put me or us in danger.

" I'll only keep it to my group and they will keep quiet for the sake of my baby, but I'll guarantee they won't be happy about it" I promise him and he visibly relaxes, " it's just until after Jeanine's plan, max and the other leaders are going to discuss a plan tonight before stage 3 tomorrow, we couldn't do it before because Jeanine's has always been watching us, so tonight's our chance" Eric explains.

" can I do anything?" I ask him and he shakes his head " I don't want you getting hurt, this is why we are still on the down low" he says as he brings me into his body, " I have to do something Eric, anything" I beg him, he looks at me and sighs in defeat " do you know many of the divergents around here?" He asks and I freeze, was it right to admit that? Would I be putting tris and the others in danger?

I reluctantly nod my head slightly, enough for Eric to see " okay, then I want you to discreetly warn them okay, tell them what's happening and tell them to be aware, and more careful during stage 3, you got that?" He asks and I nod my head again " I'll need to warn some others as well,can I get out of out of the compound?" I ask him and he shakes his head " no, not without a escort, and Jeanine is watching us, you'll have to find another way" Eric says.

" okay, well, I better go and enjoy my breakfast then" I say before reaching up to give him another kiss which he eagerly accepts, once we finish I reluctantly step away, out of the shadows, and head down the pit for the lunch hall. Once o reach there I see tris and the others at our usual table, everyone looks a little better, especially Al.

I make my way over to them and sit next to tris. As soon as I sit down there is a weird tapping sound and I look around to see Christina bouncing up in her seat with will trying to calm her down, I look at her in confusion and she sighs exasperatedly " oh come on, you know what I want to hear" she whines and I look at her in confusion, " you know the gender of the baby?" She asks and I remember " ohh that's right" I start and she looks excited.

"But me and Eric talked and decided to keep it a surprise for a little while longer" I say and Christina's face falls " what? Whyyy?" She whines and I have to stop myself from giggling " we just think it's best at the moment and wait until I'm a little further along, besides if I tell you now, then there will be nothing for me and Eric to buy stuff for our baby" I explain.

" well, I suppose, I wouldn't buy everything, just some things , like the clothes" Christina adds and we all laugh " then you'll buy accessories,and accessories for the accessories and so on " will states and we all laugh, even more when Christina gives him a foul look.

When everybody is focused on will and Christina I grab uriahs and tris's attention " I need to see you high in secret tonight, you two only okay?" I ask him and they nod but look confused " why?" Uriah asks " it's about us" I say and he gets the message " when and where?" He replies and I turn to tris " can you get four to let us use his room and let Uriah and me know?" I ask tris and she nods her head.

" I'm meeting four now, I'll get back to you two, see you later" tris says before standing up and waving to the others, we all say our goodbyes when Christina is looking at me " what was that all about?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders " I don't know, maybe she took my advice about her mystery lover" I nonchalantly say and Christina spits out her drink " what lover?" She shrieks and I just shrug.