Chapter 32: I told you you wouldn't like it

I know I haven't updated in a while, shame on me, but I've just been really not into it after been let go from my job and just trying to deal with the feelings of low self esteem, anyways as trying to look on the bright side, I should be able to write more chapters now and thank you everybody who has been patient with me and sticking with this story so far 😘
................................................................

I feel a sick feeling start to turn in my stomach and I grimace at Eric "What do you mean I'm not going to like it?" I ask him, already fearing the answer.

He sighs deeply and looks around the room, as if he's trying to not look at me before focusing his eyes back on me "We leaders have decided, that to stop Jeanine's plan, we have to let her play it, but only until she lets her guard down, then we'll unleash ours" Eric explains and I can't stop the shock from registering on my face.

"And what is that exactly?" I ask him and he leads me to the couch to sit down, i follow after him and sit down on the couch directly across from him.

"Okay, listen up, Jeanine needs an army right? You already know that not all of dauntless would willingly murder an entire faction, especially one with women and children, but jeanine doesn't care about them, so she developed a new serum, that will be injected into everybody after stage 3 tomorrow, and since you're an initiate there's no way we'll be able to let you off from being injected,so when you get injected you need to follow what everyone else is doing okay? The serum was also designed to filter out divergents, so I hope you got the word out" Eric asks me and I nod my head.

"I already spoke to them tonight, it turns out that erudite have been coming here for weeks, shipping those serums, as well as computers and other things needed to creat and secure a well founded base, how are you going to stop jeanine exactly?" I ask him and he looks guilty and rubs the back of his neck, "Eric?" I ask him, feeling concerned.

"It was decided by Max, me and your brother Chris that we don't fill you in on the plan, and before you start arguing, it's because we can't risk you accidentally slipping any details tomorrow, you have to go through stage 3 and you'll be scrutinised greatly, especially because erudite will be there tomorrow as well, just remember to act dauntless and keep your ear to the ground okay?" He asks me.

Well what can I do then? I thought, he's right in a way, i can't risk being divulged any more critical information in case it manifests into a new fear for tomorrow, otherwise I'll unintentionally be leaking information and handing our asses to jeanine on a nice silver platter, even though I don't like being kept out on the loop, I already know what to expect anyways as does Tris, Four and Uriah and hopefully the other dauntless divergent.

I sigh before replying " I don't like this, being kept out of the plan, it must be the erudite within me but I trust you and the others, I only hope that whatever your plan is, is that it works out, otherwise the whole city will fall into chaos and people can get hurt, I could get hurt or worse".

Eric's POV

"....I could get hurt or worse" Aurelian admits out loud and I feel my heart trying to choke me by shoving itself up my throat, it takes everything within me to not throw something in anger, I don't want to scare her, I want to protect her, and our baby, our son, I get up from my couch and make my way over to hers where i sit down again and place my hand on her ever growing belly.

"You won't get hurt Aurelia, if I so much as find a scratch on you I'll tear that person apart limb by fucking limb while they're alive alright? Nothing will harm you or our child, not everyone will be under the serum, we leaders won't, our loyal bodyguards won't, when one of us are able to we'll try to keep you out of danger but not at the risk of exposing ourselves, which I don't agree with, with you concerned, so try to keep your head down and out of trouble okay?" I ask her and she looks up at me with understanding in her eyes.

" I didn't choose dauntless just so I could hide behind you Eric, I chose dauntless because I am brave, as well as kind, selfless, smart and apparently even honest, I chose dauntless so that I could defend people, defend our city, make it safe and just and keep the peace, and most importantly, so that I can be myself, so don't worry about me, there's no way in fucking hell that jeanine will come anywhere near me or our son with the intent to harm or I'll kill her myself, and you'll all just have to wait in line" she admits to me.

I look down at her with pride, she is quite the bloodthirsty little minx, who looks so damn sexy when getting all aggressive like that. I must've shown what I was thinking on my face because she raised her brow before continuing " and don't think this means that I'm suddenly going to jump on you, I love you, too much, but not enough to give up sleep which we both need to give us strength for what could be the very last sane day tomorrow" Aurelia begins to yawn loudly and stretches her arms out and I stand out and extend my arm out for her to take.

She takes it to help herself up and I follow her to our bedroom where we get ready for tomorrow and what tomorrow will bring.

Okay I know that this chapter is a little shorter but I felt that I had to stop here, and don't worry I'm already working on the next chapter which will hopefully be full of all the action and suspense you've all been waiting for, I know one thing is for sure and that is I can't wait to start writing the next few chapters.

Also P.S I've been asked by a follower to check out and read her first story which is also a Eric divergent fanfic, can we please show our support to another new writer and check our her story and give her lots of feedback, it's called 'the Swan and the serpant' by @GracieRowlett and it sounds like a good read, but go check it our for yourselves

Cheers for now 😘😘