Chapter 31: Heads Up

I take a shower first off before deciding to check out the rest of the apartment but I can already tells that there has been huge changes made, the rooms have been expanded and as I step out of the bathroom I finally see the bassinet in the room across from the fireplace, which is new, I suppose Eric remembers about me complaining about the cold temperatures.

I walk over to the bassinet and drag my hand over it to feel it, it's a dark cherry red with black fabric, the colours of dauntless, but the bedding itself is made up of white and gold fabric, clearly well loved, I didn't even know that Eric was standing behind me until his arms wrapped around me and I leant back into his embrace.

"After hours of putting the goddam thing together I hope you like it" he asks while placing a gentle kiss in my shoulder and I lean up and smile at him " I love what you've done with the place and I love the bassinet, you even got me a rocking chair, but I was surprised to see the blanket..." I point to the blanket and Eric rubs his neck awkwardly " I know I should've asked but I thought we would use the blanket that was used when I was a baby, if you don't like it I can..."

I cut him off by kissing his jaw and he relaxes instantly " relax, I love it, it's beautiful" I say, reassuring him, I take a look around to see the added wardrobes and the bed has been changed, I walk over to the wardrobe and open it to find my clothes, I grab a black stretchy dress as well as some underwear, I struggle with putting the underwear and dress in until Eric helps me, I haven't bothered with a bra lately as my breast have been sensitive.

When Eric has finished dressing me I walk out of the bedroom to see the rest of the apartment, I see that Eric has to have taken over another apartment for all of this room to exist, I walk out to see that the living room has expanded into a mega living/dining room with a huge kitchen and bar set up as well, on the other side of the living room there is another hallway that branches off into two rooms, I point and look at Eric and he follows my pointing and smiles as he leads me across the gigantic room.

"And this will be our offices or if you want my office and a happy room for you or whatever you want to call it" he explains as he shows me the room on the right which is set up like an office but with an amity feel, there's also a lot more natural light filtering through the huge windows behind the desk, I can imagine sitting in here painting and enjoying the sunlight.

I turn back to him and wrap my arms around him as best as I can and he wraps his arms around me as best as he can without adding too much pressure " I don't deserve any of this, this is too much for just one girl" I say, feeling unsure, Eric tips my head upwards so that I'm looking into his eyes " you're not just any girl, you're the girl of my dreams, the love of my life, and the mother of our unborn child" he says while placing a hand on my bump.

"There is nothing I wouldn't do to keep the both of you in my life, you are all that matters to me and there is nothing that will keep me from having the happiness I've wanted for so long, if it was another story like you were in erudite and I was planning on leaving, I would've stayed in erudite to be with you, that's the strength of my love, don't ever feel like you deserve it, that you don't deserve me, because in reality I really don't deserve you" Eric says and I cup his cheek which he relishes.

" don't ever say that Eric, you're one of the most feared and respected men in dauntless, you're a leader, granted you can be an ass and arrogant and intimidating, and an ass, but... You feel in love with me, and I feel in love with you, and we're having a baby together, and you've become this amazing man, who lives me for being me" I say reassuring him before bringing my lips to meet his in a slow, yet passionate kiss.

When we finally break away from air, I'm gasping for breath as is Eric, we then stand there in our embrace for a while before I start to feel sleepy, he starts massing me shoulders "do you want to go back to sleep?" He asks, I think about it but then I remember my mission and I shake my head " I still have to warn the others tonight and then I'll get ready for stage 3 tomorrow, i probably won't see you until later tonight, so I'll see you when I get back" I say before kissing his lips and he kisses back just as fervently.