Chapter 27: Meeting an Old Friend

Thanks guys for answering my question on the previous chapter and I hope you enjoy the choice I've made, so enjoy my lovelies 😀

3 weeks later.....

It has been nearly 3 months since I left amity for dauntless, I've left my family behind but I've made a new one during initiation, also I'm now nearly 4 months pregnant which means there is only 5 more months to go, but to me it feels like years.

Stage 2 is now finished and we are having another 2 days off before completing stage 3 which is the final stage, although no one has said much about it, it sounds like we'll be facing our fears under simulation but more aware, but now that's something I don't want to think about I thought as I'm sitting at one of the tables in the lunch hall with my friends.

We've all had a rough time, although me and tris, and now Uriah were a little better due to our divergence which four now knows about as well as tori, with Eric I haven't told him yet, not because I don't trust him I do, but with my welfare and our baby's, not theirs.

Everyone else looked a little worse for wear but we all have made it through stage 2, it was Al who had struggled the most, near the end of stage 2 al had become very depressed, and in that depression, he had been convinced by Peter to try and get rid of tris, of course al was manipulated, but then when he came to it he had changed his mind instead.

And even though it's taken a while for tris to still trust him as well as us, we've now let him sit with us again, especially because he nearly threw himself over the chasm from everything, but now he sits by Lynn's side, at peace by been so close to her and she doesn't let him out for her sight, they've become official and made it public as well as will and Christina.

I continue thinking and playing with my food until someone shoves food under my nose, then I come back to reality, "what??" I ask while obviously dazed, everyone laughs.

" I was asking red, what fears did you end up having? you had some pretty good times, like tris and Uriah" Zeke asks before popping some fruit in his mouth, I sigh before answering, I really don't want to answer, despite being divergent, it doesn't mean I handled stage 2 with ease, it wasn't, I had to go through it while pregnant and I think that was worse, I remember zeke's question.

" I had Sharks, Drowning, Being burned alive, zombies, scary clowns, abandonment, dying in childbirth/having a stillborn, and finally Eric dying" I say and they look at me gobsmacked. " Those are some fucked up fears Aurelia " Uriah says and I shrug while trying to keep the tears at bay, I don't normally cry, just some days especially after going through simulations, but afterwards Eric is there to comfort me.

But lately he's been busy, him and the other leaders, they've been working tirelessly to find a way to undermine Jeanine's plan, why we didn't just straight up charged at them yet is beyond me, Eric comes back late stressed, the only thing keeping him happy and relaxed is seeing me and my ever growing baby bump, tomorrow we find out what I'm having as I seem to be far enough along for the new technology to hopefully pick up what I'm expecting, so far I've been all clear.

And like the devil appeared himself, I hear someone taking a seat next to me and I turn my head to see Eric seating next to me, he never did tell me what happened in the meeting after my fear with the clown. He just says that he'll tell me when it's right, whenever that is.

" what are you thinking about little moon?" He asks while his hand lands on my bump, he is always looking at me and our baby, I smile encouragingly and put my hand on top of his "what you promised me" I whisper to him and he goes tense, I courageously look up at his face and see that his jaw is tense and his eyes are dark but he doesn't explode, eventually he nods before nodding down at me, I follow his eye to see my plate.