Chapter 21: Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My

I thought I didn't name the 5th leader, turns out I did and now I've re edited the chapter. Enjoy my lovelies..

Max's POV

I sit in the conference room with Aaron and Victoria, as well as some noses and jeanine herself, all we are waiting on now are Chris and Eric, I smile at the thought of him, and Aurelia, they're two people meant for each other, I think he'll be a great father, it's a chance I haven't had the pleasure of receiving.

My thoughts are brought back to reality when a voice clears itself, I look up to see jeanine and her assistant looking inpatient, hmmph, noses think they're in charge I thought as I sit back in my chair and smirk, well they can guess again, the assistant initiate, who looks familiar, looks like he wants to jump out of his chair in frustration.

"How long are your other leaders going to be max? The information I have to share is very important "jeanine whines and I just sit back into a normal position, "if that's the case you can leave now and we'll reschedule for another time" I say and her face falls, she must be really desperate.

"This is ridiculous, if they are this late then maybe they shouldn't be in this position, it just shows the inefficient if dauntless leadership jeanine" the assistant whines and I glare right at him "dauntless leaders are not chosen on their time management but on their bravery and strength, if we wanted a leader who was time efficient we would call for one of you" I say in my taunting tone, and his face starts going red.

Jeanine steps in, clearly not pleased with the whole situation, "Erico, control yourself, or I'll reconsider your ranking, you're being illogical and damaging Erudite's and Dauntless's relationship, please refrain himself from future comments" jeanine puts him back in his place and he goes quiet while Aaron and Victoria chuckle.

Chris after kissing Jill on the lips and whispers something to her, then walks in, looking displeased, but nods at me in respect and takes a seat next to Aaron, Eric walks in after him and sits next to Victoria, we all sit forward and look at jeanine intimidately, but she doesn't look phased.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for taking the time to come to this meeting...."jeanine starts before we hear Victoria mumble "as if we had a choice" and we all chuckle, stopping her and she glares at us, "is something wrong max?" And I just fake cough and smile "of course not jeanine, just a little tickle in my throat" I lie and she just ignores me.

"As I was saying, thank you for coming, the reason I have requested to meet with you is because my scientists have found a threat within the city, that affects us all, and could potentially destroy us from the inside" she reveals and we all stop smirking, I put my chin in my hands and look at her, "and what is this threat that affects us all?" I ask.

And she smiles, appearing more and more confident, "the threat that my scientists have found is called Divergents" she lets that sink in, the other leaders excluding Eric just start laughing and I smirk, "Divergents are only a scary story, meant to scare children into obeying their faction, nothing more and nothing less, if this is what you wanted to talk to us about, then thank you for wasting our time" I say sarcastically but she still wears a smirk.

"I thought that you wouldn't believe us, that is why we've brought evidence, Erico" she looks at the assistant and he stands up and clears his throat "as miss Matthews was saying, Divergents are becoming a threat, they're no longer a fairy tale, recent research as shown on the screen, there is actually more and more Divergents showing up and not only that, but they are being harboured" he reveals.

"What makes a divergent dangerous exactly? Enlighten us please?" Chris asks sarcastically, and he wears the same shit eating grin as jeanine, "a divergent is a person who doesn't fit into any one faction, they can test for a number of factions, and this means then, that they then may also not pledge full loyalty to that faction, or may not conform to the ideals of that faction, they also are the ones to cause chaos and violence" he explains when Victoria cuts in.