Chapter 20

Arthur Leywin

*thud*

My eyes shot open at the sound, waking me from my sleep. I shot up into a sitting position on my bed, looking around my bedroom. As I sat up, I startled Tess awake, who sat up as well. "Whaaaa, what's wrong Art?" Tess asked confused.

"I thought I heard a loud thud." I replied looking around confused.

"I don't hear anyth-" Tess began until we heard the thud again. I immediately looked to where the sound came from, and saw it came from the dresser drawer.

I got out of bed, and walked over to the dresser. I used mana to unlock the drawer, and slowly opened it. I was met by a small black kitten but with scales. The sclera that is usually white in the human's eyes is black. Her pupils are sharp slits that would typically make it look menacing, but with the body of something akin to a small feline animal, she looks adorable. Her tail looks exactly like Sylvia's tail. It's a reptilian tail that has two red spikes at the end. Along the spine, there are small red spikes that match the color of her eyes. She doesn't have wings, but where the wings would be located are two small bumps instead. Her belly didn't have any scales, but it looked leathery.

She sat there looking at me confused, while tilting her head to the side. "The egg hatched!!" I yelled excitedly.

Tess ran over to where I was sanding, and she started gushing with hearts in her eyes. "Oh my god it's so cute!!!!!"

"Kyu" I heard the baby dragon sound off. The baby dragon jumped onto my chest, and I held her gently. She looked at my right arm and sniffed it. Suddenly she bit my arm, and I felt a sharp pain.

"Ow! What the...."

'Papa?' I looked around the room, and looked for the origin of the childlike voice.

"Who said that?" I asked looking around.

"I didn't hear anything Art." Tess said looking at me confused.

'Papa?' I heard the voice again, and looked down.

'Was that you?' I thought.

'Papa!!' "Kyu!"

"Woah! I can hear her in my head! That's so cool!" I exclaimed.

"Really?! What is she saying?" Tess asked excitedly.

"She is calling me papa. Ya I guess I'm your papa little fella, I'll take care of you. I will call you.... Sylvie!" I said happily.

'Sylvie?' Sylvie asked mentally.

"That's right! You're Sylvie!" I said.

"Kyu!!" Sylvie kyu'd happily jumping in my arms.

I could tell she was pretty smart, and was intelligent for just being born. Probably had a mental capacity of a two or three year old.

I looked to my left, and saw Tess looking at Sylvie with her patience wearing thin. I gave her a smirk, "wanna hold her Tess?" Tess nodded enthusiastically causing me to laugh.

I gently placed Sylvie into Tess' arms, and Tess cuddled her happily. Sylvie looked at Tess and tilted her head. "Kyu?" 'Mama?'

Sylvie looked at me questionably. My eyes flicked between Tess and Sylvie, and I gave Sylvie a happy nod. "Kyu!" Sylvie kyu'd happily as she snuggled against Tess.

After Sylvie was born, I noticed she left a mark on my arm where she bit me. It looked a lot like the markings that covered Sylvia before she passed her will onto me. The shape of the mark was one open wing made up of several dashes and curves.