Chapter 58

Virion Eralith POV

Alduin, Merial, and I were riding anxiously in our carriage towards Xyrus academy. A storm of emotions was going through all of us. Hell, I didn't even know what to think. I can't believe it, I just can't. We couldn't lose Arthur. But from what we heard from the guards report, there was little to no hope.

I can only imagine how Tessia is feeling right now. Arthur was her anchor, the one she relied on when times got tough. They were always there for each other, but now, now he's gone. I looked over at Alduin and Merial who were holding each other.

Both of their eyes were bloodshot from obviously crying. Merial hasn't said much, and Alduin is trying his best to stay strong for her. Hell, even I am having a hard time keeping my composure.

Memories flashed before my eyes of Arthur and Tessia growing up in Elenoir. They were always together, they fought together, played together, hell even slept in the same bed together. They were inseparable. Without Arthur, I don't know what any of us would do, especially Tessia.

I took a long breath and looked back at Alduin and Merial. "Listen," I said getting their attention. Both of their bloodshot eyes flicked to me. "I know we are all devastated right now. But Tessia needs us. I have no idea what kind of emotional state she is in, but I can guarantee it isn't good. We need to be there for her. We need to be there for each other." I said, trying to keep a calm voice.

"Have Alice and Reynolds already been informed?" Merial asked. I mentally facepalmed myself, forgetting about Arthur's parents. How could I forget about them? "Honestly, I'm not sure. Knowing Cynthia, she has probably sent word to them about the situation. We can ask Cynthia when we get to the academy." I said.

Alduin and Merial nodded. "Father, I've been thinking. This dungeon, this incident, it could possibly be the work of the other continent." Alduin said in all seriousness.

I nodded. "I've been thinking the same thing." I said as my blood began to boil. I slammed my fist against the side of the carriage trying to hold my tears. Alduin went wide eyed, and Merial flinched at my sudden action.

"I never should have let them go on that damned field trip. I should've told them about our suspicions. Why didn't we tell them!!" I yelled angrily at myself. I leaned forward placing my face into my hands while my elbows rested on my knees.

"We only had our suspicions. We didn't truly know anything." Merial said, looking down.

"Now we know it's more than a suspicion. The Queens were behaving abnormally, and were stronger then they were supposed to be. Plus, for the Queen to mutate, it has to be the work of the other continent." Alduin said.

I lifted my head and looked out the window and noticed we were just arriving at the academy. The carriage came to a halt and we stepped out. The other two carriages carrying the other royal families came to a halt behind us.

Everyone exited their carriages and we started to walk onto the campus ground. "Your Majesties." We all looked to our right and saw Caera walking to us. I noticed her eyes were bloodshot, watery and puffy. I could tell she had obviously been crying.

When she walked up to us, she immediately kneeled. "I am Caera Crestless, vice captain of the disciplinary committee. I was informed by the director you would be coming, and to escort you." She said nasally, trying to keep her composure.

"You may rise." Priscilla said.

Caera stood up and gave one more bow, "If you would please follow me." Caera turned to walk away, and we all began to follow her.

"Where is the director now?" I asked.

"She is in the infirmary with Princess Tessia, Elder Virion, that is where I am taking you." Caera said, looking over her shoulder, getting a nod from me.