Chapter 67

Claire Bladeheart POV

All the disciplinary committee members were currently in the disciplinary committee room. Caera left the room not too long ago to contact Arthur. I felt terrible having to contact him, but we could really use his help. It was no secret Arthur was the strongest out of all of us. Plus, Caera has been very stressed lately, taking all of the responsibility on her shoulders.

We were all going over the most recent events, ranging from the attacks on the disciplinary committee members to random attacks on campus. To say we were all concerned would be an understatement. The disciplinary committee was supposed to protect the school and the students, but I couldn't help but feel we are failing.

"I'm glad everyone is ok. But things are starting to get out of hand. Maybe we should talk to the Director about getting some help." Elijah said.

"I agree with Elijah; we can always ask the council to spare some guards for extra protection. Although this is just a school, we can all see things are escalating." Kathlyn said.

"Kathlyn is right. They specifically targeted us to bring down our defenses. They want Xyrus Academy to be vulnerable. Plus, more and more incidents have been happening and escalating. Look at all these," Curtis said as he gestured to the piles of paperwork on the table.

Curtis leaned forward, grabbed a stack, and began to read. "Two elves were found hanging upside down in a tree, stripped down to their underwear. They had obvious signs of trauma to their torso and face," Curtis said as he put the paper down and picked up another one. Feyrith's face scrunched up in anger when he heard Curtis speak.

"A dwarf was found unconscious, chained to a bench with burns along his body. A sign that read 'go back underground' was found lying at his feet," Curtis said as he read another piece of paper. Dordrea let out an irritated sigh.

"A human male and an elven female reported being attacked while being out at night. They said they were sharing a nice night together under a tree when five unknown individuals attacked them. They commented to the male calling him a traitor and told the female to suck on a tree as they were both beaten. Both victims had severe trauma and were admitted to the infirmary for a week," Curtis said as he placed the paper down.

He didn't even bother picking up another, and he rested his elbows on the table and pinched the bridge of his nose. "There is just no end to this. More and more incidents keep happening. And whenever we find a suspect, they won't talk, and we can't hold them without evidence," Curtis said in frustration.

"And with all of these attacks, tensions have been incredibly high among the three races. The council is doing everything in its power to keep everyone calm. But seeing their own children attacked at school is causing an uproar," Dordrea said.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I pinched the bridge of my nose. I thought about everything Curtis had just read off. Suddenly my eyes went open as I registered the reports.

"Curtis!" I yelled, looking at him, causing him to flinch in surprise.

"What?!" Curtis asked.

"Those incidents you just mentioned, I just realized something," I said as I looked down in thought.

"Well, what is it?" Curtis asked, looking at me confused.

I looked back at everyone with a severe gaze. "I need everyone to look through these papers. I want you to see if there is even one incident where the radical group members attacked a human. Not where the human is hanging with another member of a different race. I mean, a human or a group of humans being attacked with no elves or dwarves involved," I said.