Chapter 83

Arthur Leywin POV

I lay there in my bed as I stared at my bedroom ceiling. I didn't get that much sleep last night after dinner. During our dinner last night, Mom and I got into another argument. I asked Mom about what she and Ducard were talking about again. Mom still wouldn't tell me what they talked about, and I got mad, telling her she wasn't being fair and accused her of not caring about the people back home. Things got a little out of hand, and I stormed out of the room.

Though, now that I think back on the whole thing, I know I was being irrational. I was just concerned about everyone back home and wanted to know if they were all ok. Mom was right. Right now, I needed to focus on my training. I've undoubtedly become stronger over this time with my training, but I must still become stronger. I needed to make sure I was strong enough to protect all of my loved ones.

I sighed as I grabbed the bridge of my nose. I knew what I had to do. I was unfair to Mom yesterday.

'I need to apologize to Mom,' I said mentally.

'I'm glad you come to that realization yourself.' I heard Regis say mentally.

'You thought I was unfair to her as well?' I asked Regis mentally.

'Yes. But I wanted you to figure that out yourself. This was between you and your mom. I needed to stay out of it.' Regis said mentally.

'Thank you, Regis.' I said mentally.

'Of course, princess. Now hurry up and get dressed.' Regis said mentally.

I got out of bed and went to my bathroom. I got washed up and dressed in the usual white shirt and black pants.

I left my bedroom and walked over to my Moms room. I knocked on the door and heard Mom say, "come in." I opened the door and saw Mom making some breakfast. Mom looked in my direction and gave me a soft smile.

"Good morning, sweetie," Mom said.

"Good morning, Mom," I said in a guilty tone as I walked into her room. I stood next to the door as I looked down at the ground. "Mom, I'm sorry. I was unfair to you yesterday."

I heard my mom put down her cooking utensil as she approached me. I looked up at Mom, seeing her standing right in front of me. She had a warm smile on her face, and she gently caressed my cheek.

"It's ok, sweetie. I know you're just worried about everyone at home. I'm worried about them too. Tell you what, let's have some breakfast and forget about the whole thing. Sound fair?" Mom said, smiling.

I nodded. "Sounds fair; thanks, Mom," I said happily.

"Good, go ahead and sit down. Breakfast is almost ready." Mom said.

Mom returned to the stove, and I walked to the kitchen table. I sat down at the table as mom finished cooking. She placed the food and drinks down on the table and sat down across from me. We both sat at the table and ate our breakfast.

"Are you ready for the next step of your training?" Mom asked.

"Ya, I'm ready. Do you know what rune I'll be working on next?" I asked.

"Let's go find out; ready to go?" Mom asked as she stood up and picked up our empty plates.

"Ya, I'm ready," I said as I stood up. Mom walked over to the sink and washed the plates off. She dried off the plates and put them to the side.

"Ok, let's go," Mom said as she walked to the door. I followed her as we left the bedroom and walked back into the palestra.

All of the Djinn masters stood around in the circle as we walked in. Mom walked over to the side as I walked down to the middle of the room. I stood in the middle and noticed one of the Djinn walk towards me. I watched the Djinn as they walked over and stood before me.