Chapter 66

Arthur Leywin POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. I noticed I was lying on Tess' bedroom floor in the Helstea estate. As I looked around, I noticed something was different. My body felt lighter than usual. More than that, I could feel the mana around me better.

I looked down and noticed Tess was lying on me, with her head on my chest and her gunmetal gray hair covering her face.

'Did we fall asleep on the ground? What happened?'

I focused on trying to remember, when my thoughts went to the elixir Windsom gave me.

'That's right; we absorbed the elixir's, then my body felt like it was on fire. The last thing I remember was my head felt like it was going to spit open. I must've fainted.'

I looked back down at Tess and gently shook her shoulder. "T-Tess, wake up."

As I shook Tess, she grumbled a little before groggily lifting her head. She looked around with her hair covering her face, looking tired as her eyes were half open. I laughed at seeing the look on her face, and Tess tilted her head at me.

"A-Art. What's so funny? What happened?" Tess asked in a tired voice.

I smiled at her and gently brushed the hair out of her face, causing her to give me a loving smile.

"I think we both passed out," I said.

Tess looked at me confused before she looked down as if trying to remember. A look of realization crossed her face as she went wide-eyed.

"The pearls! I remember we absorbed them; what did they do?" Tess asked excitedly.

"I'm not exactly sure, but my body does feel lighter," I said as I waved my arm in the air. Tess sat up while stretching and waved her arms around.

"I don't feel that different. Maybe it had more of an effect on you," Tess said. Curiously, I looked at Tess' mana core, and my eyes widened.

"T-Tess, your mana core!" I said in awe and elation.

Tess looked at me, confused before she closed her eyes. Her eyes shot open with surprise as her eyes locked onto mine.

"I'm at the high silver stage!" Tess said enthusiastically and in disbelief.

Feeling happy for her, I lunged forward, bringing her into a hug which she returned. "Congrats Tess!" I said as I moved my hand to caress her cheek.

"Thanks, but it was all because of the elixir you gave me," Tess said with a shrug.

I shook my head. "Even without the elixir, you would've made it to the high silver stage in no time. You're one of the strongest people I know," I said as I leaned my head down and pressed my lips to hers.

Tess and I shared a deep and passionate kiss, which lasted for about a minute. We broke the kiss, and I leaned my forehead against hers. "I love you so much, and I'm so proud of you," I said.

Tess giggled, and she played with the back of my tied-up hair. "I love you too," Tess said with a happy hum.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a few minutes before Tess broke the hug. Tess looked at my chest, but she frowned and gave a confused look.

"Tess?" I asked, wondering what was wrong.

Tess looked up and met my eyes.

"I can sense a high amount of mana coming from you, but I can't see your mana core," Tess said.

"Really? That's weird. We should be able to see each other's core levels since we are at the same stage." I said as I closed my eyes.

I concentrated on my mana core, looking into my chest. I felt a dense concentration of mana, and I couldn't believe what I saw. My eyes shot open, going wide, and I felt my mouth go agape.