Chapter 21

Arthur Leywin POV

It's been a week since my birthday party. Gramps has been giving Tess and I reading material non stop on different kinds of dungeons, and mana beasts. He explained that mana beasts are ranked from E, D, C, B, A, AA, S, and SS class. He explained to us about the beast cores, and beast wills.

However, not every class has a beast will, only A class and above. The higher the class, the stronger the beast, and the will. Gramps had Sebastian teach us some survival techniques. I zoned out one time, and he called me out saying he wasn't going to save me when my toes fall off from the cold. Of course big sister Alea interjected, and said she would save me. My guardian angel.

Now, I was making my way through the city after sneaking out of the palace early in the morning. Big sister Aya caught me on my way out, and asked me where I was going. I told her I had an errand to run, and for her to tell everyone not to worry. She was hesitant to let me leave at first, but she allowed it.

I walked up to the store, and looked up at the sign. "Aarod's jewelry shop." I walked into the store, and saw the middle aged, mid sized, tall elf with blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked up from the counter, and smiled when he saw me.

"Ah Arthur! You made it, good! I've finished what you asked." He said happily as he walked into the employees only area behind the counter. He walked back out with a white bag, and gave it to me. I opened the bag and saw the small gray jewelry box inside.

"Why don't you open it, let me know what you think." Aarod said. I took out the box and opened it. I smiled at the sight of what was inside the box. While I was looking at the item, I heard the front door to the store open, and saw a familiar blonde elf walk in.

"Arthur my dear rival! I thought that was you. What brings you here?" I smiled at FeyFey as he spoke.

"Hey FeyFey, I'm picking up my present for Tess." I said happily as I showed it to him.

FeyFey's eyes went wide. "How bold of you my dear rival. I knew you had feelings for her by the way you act around each other." FeyFey said smiling.

I blushed at his comment. "W-what do you mean.... It's just a gift." I said blushing a little.

FeyFey just smirked. "Whatever you say, but usually a gift like this means you have feelings for them."

"Ah don't worry Arthur my boy. Give princess Tessia this present, and watch her love it." Aarod said with a smile.

"Thank you Aarod, and here." I said as I gave him three gold coins, but he tossed one back.

"Friends discount." He said chuckling. I nodded and exited the store saying bye to FeyFey and Aarod.

"That's quite the gift you have there my little romantic."

I sighed at hearing the teasing voice behind me. "I should've known you'd follow me." I said as I turned around and saw Aya looking down at me with a mischievous grin.

She kneeled down in front of me while putting her hand on my shoulder, and gave me a smile. "She will love it Arthur." Aya said in a genuine tone.

I smiled, "thanks sis." I said as Aya nodded with a smile.

We then walked back to the castle together. As soon as I opened the main doors to the castle I was tackled by none other then Tess. I fell to the ground knocking the wind out of me. I looked up while laying on my back, and saw Tess' pouting face looking at me while Sylvie was sitting on her head.

"Kyu" 'papa in trouble'  Sylvie said snickering.

"Uh hi Tess, good morning." I said sheepishly.