Chapter 51

Arthur Leywin POV

The disciplinary committee and the student council were all in the common meeting room. After Clive's attack, not only was he imprisoned, his family was stripped of their noble status. Grandma made a public announcement to the students of Xyrus academy. She was vague and mentioned that Clive attacked Tess, and that he has been arrested.

The council had been meeting quite often recently; it wasn't exactly known what they were talking about, but one of their subjects was Clive. The elven kingdom was furious when they learned about Clive's attack. It was decided Clive's execution would be made public, to settle the tensions between the kingdoms.

The position of vice president was offered to Lilia and Jarrod, but they both rejected it. It was decided to hold an election to see who would take the new role.

The number of incidents where students were attacked have increased. What's weird is that a couple of students had markings along their spine. But we could never ask them about it, as they were gone before any disciplinary committee members arrived.

Caera and I have been working tirelessly to find an answer to these markings, or why the number of incidents have increased. But everytime we got close to something, we just got more questions than answers. I was just glad to have her by my side. I would be going crazy without her help.

"Captain?"

"Huh?" I said looking up and seeing everyone looking at me. "Ah-em sorry, what were you saying?" I said as I wasn't paying attention to the joint meeting since I was lost in thought.

I looked to my right and saw Tess was looking at me a little concerned. "We were asking how the security plans were coming along for the upcoming election." Jarrod said.

"Ah, they're going good. Caera and I finished the plans already, and everyone has been briefed on what to do." I said getting a nod from the student council.

"Ok good. We have the list of candidates. Would you be able to spare some security to make sure they are ok during the election?" Tess asked me.

"How many candidates are we talking about?" I asked as Tess handed me the paper.

"Just three." Tess said. I nodded looking at the names and let out a sigh.

I was already feeling a little stressed with adding extra patrols, and handling all the investigations going on lately.

"I'll see what I can do." I said as I rubbed my temples.

"Ok thanks, we were just worried that some people might not agree with the candidates and attack them. That's why we're asking." Jarrod said.

"Ok, like I said, I'll see what I can do." I said with irritation clear in my voice looking at Jarrod.

Jarrod flinched a little since I don't usually speak that way. I let out a sigh. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap." I said.

Jarrod shook his head, "it's ok Captain." Jarrod said.

I felt a hand on my right arm and looked to my right. Tess was looking at me a little worried with a small smile. I smiled back at her when I felt someone take the paper with the candidates names. I looked to my left to see Caera looking over the list.

"I'll come up with the security detail." Caera said.

"That's ok, I can do it." I said with a sigh.

Caera looked at me with a small smile. "You have enough on your plate. Let me help you out Arthur. It's my job after all." Caera said.

I smiled at her and nodded. Caera and I have become closer lately since we've been spending a lot of time together. I even told her to stop calling me by my title.