Chapter 22

Arthur Leywin POV

I woke up the next morning after getting a few hours of sleep. To say I was excited would be an understatement. When I woke up, I quickly got dressed into my adventurers gear, and placed the extra gear and my sword into my dimensional ring. I picked Sylvie up from my bed, and placed her on top of my head.

I walked to my bedroom door, and opened it half expediting to see Tess. But to my disappointment, she wasn't there. I walked over to Tess' room and knocked on her bedroom door. I heard as someone ran to the door, and watched as it swung open revealing Tess in her adventurers gear as well. I could feel my face become warm as I looked at her.

"Art! You're ready too!" Tess yelled enthusiastically as she jumped forward wrapping her arms around me. I returned the hug happily, pulling her in close.

"Ya, I'm pretty excited, so I woke up early." I said into her ear, causing her to nestle her head into my shoulder.

After a minute or two, Tess and I broke the hug. "You look good Tess." I said with a smile.

Tess smiled as tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Thanks, you look good yourself." Tess said with the tips of her ears turning red.

We stood there for a few seconds looking at each other before I reached my hand out. "Ready?" I asked.

Tess gave me a smirk. "As ready as I'll ever be." Tess said getting a laugh out of both of us.

We took each others hands, interlacing our fingers, as we made our way into the kitchen. When we walked into the kitchen, we saw Gramps at the table with Alea and Sebastian.

"Ah, you're awake, good." Gramps said as he motioned for us to sit at the table. Tess and I took our seats sitting next to gramps, while Sebastian and Alea sat opposite of us.

"So, are we going to get going?" I asked curiously.

"Not yet, Alduin and Merial wanted to say goodbye first." Gramps stated.

"Ok, then what?" Tess asked.

"Then, we will make our way over to the Adventurers Guild Hall. There we will meet with the one in charge, Kaspian Bladeheart. We will get our adventurers cards, and will be permitted to enter the Beast Glades. I've reached out to some contacts, and was able to map out some dungeons for us to take." Sebastian began.

"But make no mistake. I understand you want to do this to get combat and social experience. So Alea and I have agreed to hold back on our skills, so you two can train and get stronger. That being said, should the situation call for it, I will not hesitate to interfere and drag you out of that dungeon. I will not risk the safety of the Elven Princess, and the future Prince of Elenoir." Sebastian finished.

I blushed and smiled at the comment about me being the future Prince, I could see Tess blushing and smiling as well.

"Don't let Sebastian's stern tone make you nervous. We will also have some fun while in the Beast Glades. Just remember to be safe, and do what we say." Alea said with a smile.

Tess and I nodded agreeing with everything they said. "And remember brat. I won't hesitate to cover you in tar, and beat you with a cactus. So you and Tessia behave yourselves." Gramps said with a smirk.

"Grandpa!"

"Gramps!"

Tess and I yelled in unison getting a laugh out of Alea, and a narrowing gaze from Sebastian. "Don't worry Elder Virion, I'll keep them in check." I don't know if it was Sebastian's tone of voice, or his gaze that was burning into my very soul, but it made me gulp.