Chapter 32

Arthur Leywin POV

It's been a few months since Tess and I arrived at Xyrus academy. We have gotten really close to Cynthia to the point that she's basically become family. She even asked us to start calling her grandma.

Shortly after I arrived to the academy, I met grandma's bond, Avier, a green owl looking creature who turns out to be a wyvern, a descendent of the dragon race. He realized what Sylvie was, and noticed my dragon body. He told grandma about this, and to say she was shocked would be an understatement.

We've been sticking to a strict schedule of classes five days a week, with two days off. During these classes, Tess and I would learn the basics that every first year would go through. It ranged from practical mana manipulation, to basic artificing. We also had our leadership classes where grandma would teach us proper etiquette, how to take charge and lead a team, and when to give discipline. To say we were bored out of our minds would be an understatement during these classes.

Tess and I cherished our time off together. We would always spend the weekend together, either in the training room to spar, walking around the campus, or just hanging out in our rooms.

We haven't met many other students, since we don't have classes with anyone else right now. But we have met a few, two of whom became really good friends of ours. Claire Bladeheart, and Theodore Maxwell.

Claire was a tall red haired girl, who usually kept her hair tied back. She had dark eyes, almost gray. Claire also happened to be Kaspians niece, which I thought was cool. She is a dual augmenter that uses wind and fire attributes, while wielding a rapier. Tess seemed to be a little cold to her at first for some reason, but quickly warmed up to her.

Theodore is a muscular and strong individual, who has short black hair. Theodore has the ability to use gravity magic, and is skilled with two gauntlets.

Tess and I showed Theodore and Claire our training room, and Theodore has helped me with honing my gravity magic. They were both surprised by my abilities, but promised to keep it a secret. I spoke with grandma, and she agreed to have them on the disciplinary committee when the time came.

When Claire and Theodore weren't able to hang out with us, Tess and I would just spar by ourselves or with grandma in the training room, which greatly increased our skills. Tess has yet to beat me in spar. I went easy on her the other day, but she immediately noticed which upset her, so I didn't do that again. Tess and I would always try to push each other to our limits, she liked that I didn't treat her like some glass sculpture.

*wack*

I was startled and broken from my thoughts, as grandma hit the table in the common meeting room to get my attention.

"Please do try to pay attention Arthur, you never know when this could come in handy." Grandma said as she turned back to the white board, to continue our lesson.

Tess and I were currently in the common meeting room, and I was dying of boredom. I laid my arms down on the table, and laid my head down with my arms supporting my head.

As I laid my head down, I felt someone rubbing my back. I looked over to my side, and saw Tess smiling at me. I smiled back at her, and we looked back at grandma.

"Now, when you attach this lever to the rotating gear, you will be able to manually manipulate the object." Grandma continued for our artificing class.

I looked to my side, as I heard paper crumpling. I watched as Tess discreetly crumpled a piece of paper into a ball. She then bit her bottom lip, trying to contain a smile as she looked at me. She made a motion like she was going to throw the paper ball she created, and pointed at grandma. I smiled and nodded vigorously lifting my head in anticipation.