Chapter 102

Arthur Leywin POV

"Alright, everyone, start breaking down camp! We are heading back to the wall!" Helen yelled as we entered the base camp.

"Hey, Art, I'm going to go back to my tent and take it down," Tess said as she walked next to me.

"You mean the tent that you never use?" Claire said teasingly.

"She has a new tent now. And it comes with its own bed warmer. Right princess?" Regis snickered, walking behind us. Caera had put Regis on the ground halfway back to camp, which he wasn't a fan of. 

Tess and I both blushed heavily as we avoided eye contact with everyone. I didn't need them to know we've had sex a couple of times while out here already. Sure, the dungeon was hot... but so were those nights.

"It must be nice to be able to have s-"

Regis was suddenly cut off as he was quickly contained in a mana bubble.

"Ah, that's much better. Now we can have some peace and quiet." Sylvie said smugly while sitting on my shoulders.

"Oi! What the fuck! Let me out! You damn gecko!!" Regis yelled angrily.

Sylvie just made the bubble smaller, which earned an irritated growl from Regis. Tess, her squad, Sylvie, and I all broke into laughter seeing Regis' predicament.

"You really do get abused, don't you," Caera said, laughing a little with a small smile.

"Oh, my sweet horned goddess. Please get me out of this bubble." Regis pleaded in a light tone.

Caera's eyes flicked to me, and we shared a playful smirk. Caera looked back at Regis and shook her head.

"Sorry, Regis. But Arthur is in charge around here," Caera said, shrugging her shoulders.

Regis just sighed, "Oi princess. This bubble is uncomfortable. Tell the gecko to release me."  

"Definitely not," Sylvie stated flatly.

"Sorry, Regis. But I think you look good like that." I said, getting a laugh out of everyone.

Regis grumbled, "This is bullshit."

"Alright, guys, let's get to our tents; we have to take them down," Jasmine announced.

Everyone gave her a nod. I gave Tess a quick peck on the lips before she walked off.

"Hey Papa, I'm going to go with Mama," Sylvie said as she flew off my shoulders.

"Alright, have fun," I said with a wave.

I watched as the mana ball Regis was in started to follow after her.

"This is so fucked!!!" Regis yelled in irritation.

I just laughed and shook my head. I turned to walk towards my tent, as I was going to start breaking it down.

"Hey Arthur, do you have a second."

I turned toward the voice and saw Caera approaching me while looking down a little. She had her hands clasped in front of her and was biting the corner of her lip nervously.

I curiously turned to face her with a slight head tilt, giving her my full attention, "Of course. Is everything ok?"

Caera's eyes flicked to me, and she gave a sincere smile, "Ya, everything is fine. I just wanted to say thanks."

"For what exactly?" I asked, a little confused, with my brows scrunching up.

Caera sighed, "For everything. Ever since you came back, you never treated me differently. Even after what I did at the academy, with the part I had to play in the attack. To comforting me when I was distraught about the news of Scythe Seris. You really are a good friend." Caera looked down again with a small smile. She brought her right arm across her chest and grabbed her left arm, which was dangling at her side.