Chapter 57

Alice Leywin POV

Rey, Ellie, and I were walking through the shopping district in Xyrus city. Ellie was running around happily looking through the stores' windows. I had my left arm hooked around Rey's, and my head was leaning on his shoulder.

I felt happy being out with my family. I just wish Arthur and Tessia were here with us. After I lost Arthur that day, it was difficult for me to continue. But I kept pushing on for Ellie and Rey. I would be lying if I said it was easy. Not a day went by where I didn't think about Arthur.

But then everything changed when he returned. I was in complete shock, I didn't think it was him, but it was, my son had returned. I was overjoyed with happiness. I couldn't be more thankful to the Eraliths for taking care of him, for taking him in. But imagine my surprise when I saw him and Tessia together, they looked so cute together. I could tell by looking at them that they loved each other.

But, nothing could have prepared me for what came next. Why, why did he have a draconic body. When Arthur told us his story about what he'd been through, I was angry.

Not only were those Vritra bastards here in Dicathen, they're still seeking the power. They came after us demanding it, which led to our genocide. But, now with his dragon body, Arthur will have a target on his back. Now with his Asuran physique, his control over aether will be exceptional. The Vritra will stop at nothing to obtain him. I don't know if Sylvia knew what she was doing, but she's the one who put the target on his back, damn you Sylvia. Though, deep down I knew it wasn't her fault. She only meant to help Arthur after all.

But now I knew the Vritra would never stop in their campaign. They will never stop looking for power. Then, Arthur told me about his dream. The masters are reaching out to him, warning him, warning me. But why? Why would they want to train him, they know the risks, but... perhaps they are right.

So many things to consider, I couldn't help but be worried. Worried for my family, worried for Dicathen. I already lost... everything, but gained a family. I don't want to lose my family again. Which is why I didn't hesitate to place a tracking rune on the back of his right shoulder when he returned.

"Mom, Dad! Let's go in here!" Ellie yelled, knocking me out of my thoughts.

I smiled, lifting my head off Rey's shoulder. "Of course sweetie." I said. Rey kissed my cheek and I turned to face him, and gave him a kiss.

"Eww." Ellie said, looking at us. Rey and I both laughed.

"You'll be kissing someone someday too Ellie," I said.

I felt Rey tense up a little. "Not for a long time though," he said defensively.

I laughed a little. "Come on, let's go," I said as I opened the door to the shop.

Ellie and Rey walked in, and I walked in behind them. Ellie ran to a dress rack smiling as her eyes were shining.

"Oooooh, mom I love this dress!" Ellie said happily. I walked over to her and looked at the black sundress with purple lining.

"Oh, yes this is nice." I said looking at the dress.

"Why don't you try it on?" Rey said as he ruffled Ellie's hair.

"Dad!" Ellie yelled as we both laughed.

"Honey, they have an adult version of the dress on the rack over there." Rey said, pointing at the other rack.

"We can be twins mom!" Ellie yelled happily. I smiled at her.

"Ok, I'll go take a look." I said as I walked over to the rack.