Chapter 79

Arthur Leywin POV

"Ugh." I woke up grumbling as I lay in my bed in the palestra barracks. I lay there just staring at the ceiling, getting myself mentally prepared for my next training session.

I looked over to the empty part of the bed next to me and let out a sigh. I subconsciously grabbed the necklace around my neck and closed my eyes. A smile graced my face as memories of Tess, and I together flooded my mind. Both of us running in the courtyard at the castle in Zestier. Going through dungeons in the beast glades. Both under grandma's tutelage bored out of our minds. Laying down in the training room.

Then, the memories of the attack on Xyrus academy flooded my mind. All the death and destruction around us. My eyes shot open as I shook my head, trying to forget the attack.

"You ok, princess?" I heard Regis ask as he lay on the floor.

"Ya. I just remembered the attack on Xyrus academy. Not something I exactly want to remember." I said.

"Perhaps not. But, it's not something you shouldn't forget." Regis said as he stood up and walked over to the side of my bed.

"What do you mean?" I asked as Regis sat down next to the end facing me.

"What I mean is, as long as you remember the attack on Xyrus, you'll remember why you're doing this. You're training to get stronger to protect the ones back home, to protect the ones you love. Use all the motivation you can to push forward." Regis said.

I looked at Regis, a little surprised. "You know, you can give some good advice sometimes," I said with a smirk as I sat up.

"Ah, that's just the majestic side of me," Regis said, getting a laugh out of both of us.

*knock* *knock*

"Come in," I said, responding to the knocks on my door. I watched as the door opened, and mom looked inside.

"I was just making sure you were up. Come on, get out of bed and get washed up. We need to start the next part of your training." Mom said.

I nodded. "Hey, Mom," I said, getting her attention as she began to walk out. She looked back at me with a questioning look.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Mom asked.

"Is there any way to see or talk to anyone back home? Just to see how everyone is doing?" I asked.

Mom gave me a sympathetic smile as she shook her head. "That's not a good idea," Mom said.

"Let me guess because you need me to focus on my training," I said with a frustrated tone as I looked to the side.

Mom let out a sigh, "Yes. I know it's tough being away from everyone. But once the training is over, the results will be well worth it."

I just sat there in bed looking down. I just wanted to know how everyone was doing. I wanted to know how Tess was doing. I let out a sigh and nodded my head. "Alright, I understand,"

"Good. Now get washed up and dressed. I'll make some breakfast, so come over to my room once you're ready." Mom said as she walked out.

"Well, Regis, let's see what they got in store for us this time," I said as I got out of bed.

"I'm guessing no massage and spa day," Regis said, getting a laugh out of me.

I proceeded to take a shower and get washed up. I got dressed in the normal white shirt and black pants apparel. Afterward, Regis and I walked over to my mom's room, where she made breakfast.

"Ok, you ready?" Mom asked as I took the last bite of my breakfast.

"Ya, I'm ready," I said.

The three of us made our way to the palestra, where Regis and I stood in the middle. As we took our place, I watched as the crystals glowed, and the seven Djinn appeared before me.