Chapter 130

3rd Person POV (The Wall)

The air around Ellie and Helen began to vibrate, the sound around them canceled out, and all they heard was the sound of their heartbeats. The temperature around them rose exponentially; however, the soldiers seemed to be unaffected by the rise in temperature while the beasts began to smolder.

Ellie and Helen looked around curiously as the beasts began to yell in pain. The beasts surrounding them suddenly burst apart, blood and guts spreading around them like a bloody halo. The beasts in the air above them burst into flames, screaming and roaring desperately in pain as they were quickly consumed and turned to ash.

The air around them slowly stopped vibrating, and the sound returned. The temperature returned to normal, and the ash from the beasts fell over the soldiers like black snow. An immense shiver ran down everyone's spine from a significant presence, and the soldiers on top of the wall looked up. Everyone went wide-eyed with mixed emotions, seeing two figures levitating above the wall.

The first figure was a beautiful female with hair the color of fire. Her hair seemed to have a life of its own, like a flickering candle flame. She had deep crimson eyes, which matched her red shirt. She wore a black leather corset vest, which helped show off her chest, and black leather pants. She had her arms crossed while she stared at the soldiers atop the wall blankly.

The figure levitating beside her had a muscular male frame. He wore a gray shirt with a black short-sleeved leather jacket with a hood that covered his head and the upper portion of his face. He had black leather gauntlets, black leather pants, and black leather boots. He held a long crimson spear in his right hand and levitated with an aura of confidence.

The soldiers on top of the wall looked at the two figures, motionless and stunned, with a mix of fear and awe. The soldiers had no idea who these two were but concluded they were elite soldiers of Alacrya since these two were unknown to them. The soldiers didn't fully understand what happened to the beasts but knew the two figures in the sky had something to do with it. However, they didn't understand why since they were technically their enemies.

The male figure levitated down slowly, and the soldiers scattered away out of fear. The figure gently placed both feet on the ground, not making any sudden moves, making sure not to seem hostile.

Helen moved herself to stand between Ellie and this figure protectively, as Helen would die protecting her, elite soldier or not.

Multi-colored flames flared to life and coated the male's crimson spear, and the figure tapped the wall floor with the tip of his spear. The multi-colored flames dispersed over the ground, washing over the soldiers, who all flinched in surprise and fear. A feeling of rejuvenation fell upon the soldiers, their physical strength returning, and they noticed their wounds were healing.

"Helen, your wounds! They're gone!" Ellie exclaimed, looking at Helen wide-eyed in surprise.

Helen shrugged her shoulders, feeling no pain, seeing the cuts on her arms disappear, "Amazing." She looked at Ellie, seeing the wounds she had fade as well before she looked at the crimson spear wielder in bewilderment. "He healed us; why?"

The spear wielder intently looked up at the red-haired female, "They're healed."

The female nodded, "Good, now let's go. We have the rest of the horde to deal with."

The male levitated into the air and looked down at the soldiers on the wall. "Dicathens, we will handle the rest. You can relax."

"Why? Why are you helping us?" Helen asked, her brows furrowing in confusion.

"To win the freedom of Dicathen and Alacrya," The male declared.

Without another word, the male and female burst forward toward the horde at a frightening velocity.