Chapter 49

A/N: Special thanks to Karnamana for announcing I was on vacation in the prodigy comments last chapter, since I forgot to announce it in this fic. 😜 Thank you!
———

Arthur Leywin POV

I was currently in the sparring area in the training room standing a few feet away from Caera. She was wearing a tight gray tank top, with her disciplinary committee pants and boots. She was leaning on a red long sword that she kept in her dimension ring. I was wearing a gray T shirt with my disciplinary committee pants and boots. I currently had Regret in my hand as I stood in a fighting stance facing Caera.

Caera and I woke up early this morning to finish up on paperwork. We got done early and decided to have a spar, since she was teasing me that she was the better swordsman. Granted, Caera and I have never spared before, so I was actually pretty excited to see her skills and abilities.

"Are you ready, Captain?" Caera asked with confidence and a smirk.

I gave her a confident smile, "Think you can keep up?" I asked confidently.

Caera got into a fighting stance. She raised her blade above her head, and pointed it towards me. Caera's sword is long and slower, giving me the advantage of speed while she should have a reach advantage.

"Ready, begin!" I yelled as I dashed forward using Thunderclap Impulse.

I quickly closed in on Caera and wrapped my sword in fire mana. When I got close to her, I got ready to swing my sword in a sideways swipe. However, Caera was faster then I predicted. With a sense of elegance and frightening speed, she swung her sword down at me. My eyes went wide, and I quickly created a earth wall, separating us.

Caera's sword hit the wall, and sliced through it with augmented strength. I was amazed at how strong she was. Caera burst through the earth wall with augmented strength spinning sideways in the air. She swung her sword at my side, and I used wind magic to push myself back dodging the attack.

As I dodged I skidded to a stop while Caera stood straight with elegance starring at me with a confident smirk.

"You look surprised Captain, do you want to surrender?" Caera said with a shrug.

"As if." I said as I dashed towards Caera with a confident smirk.

I wrapped my sword in fire mana as Caera augmented her sword. I swung my sword sideways at Caera, as she lifted her sword swiftly and parried my attack.

I didn't hesitate to reengage as I swung my sword again at her other side. Caera parried my second attack with ease. Caera then gave a smug smile as she augmented herself and pushed me back with an open palm to my chest. I skidded to the stop as Caera dashed forwards to me. She swung her sword at me in a downwards motion. I raised my sword to block the attack, but when our swords collided, she thrust herself forward, hitting me with her shoulder and knocking me back.

Caera lunged at me again, but I sidestepped and twirled to get behind her. I swung my sword wrapped in wind magic at Caera's back. Caera just swung her sword behind her over her shoulder, blocking my attack without even looking at me. Caera then lifted her blade, pushing me back as she turned towards me and continued her attack.

She continued to swing her sword at me, while I continued to parry and dodge her attacks. As we sparred, I became aware of one thing, she's good. As Caera stepped towards me again, I slammed my foot on the ground shooting up a pillar of earth between us. Caera jumped back, and I kicked the pillar as it fell over towards Caera. Caera jumped out of the way dodging the attack.

"No fair Captain, this is supposed to be a test of swordsmanship." Caera said with a smirk as she stood straight.

I just shrugged, "Can't blame me for using everything to my advantage. Are you saying you don't have any tricks up your sleeve?" I asked teasingly with a smirk.