Chapter 95

Virion Eralith POV

I woke up early as I wanted to go make sure the maids were able to finish the project I gave them yesterday. I quickly got washed up and dressed, left my room, and made my way down the hallway of the floating castle. As I walked down the halls, I passed multiple guards who wished me good morning.

I was glad to see how everyone seemed to be in good spirits. After all, the rumor of one of the Alacryan Retainers being defeated has been spreading like wildfire. Arthur returning will truly be a turning point in this war, both in morale and on the battlefield. Plus, seeing that bright smile on Tessia's face, I know she's happy he's back as well.

I eventually made it to the maids' break area, where I instructed them to meet me. I walked inside, and my eyes fell on three maids who were standing around a manikin. My eyes flicked to Alice, who was standing beside the maids. She looked in my direction as I walked in, and we shared a smile as our eyes locked

"Good morning Alice. I'm surprised to see you up this early." I greeted cheerfully.

Alice smiled, "Good morning, Virion. I wanted to make sure everything was ready. I know I provided Arthur's approximate measurements yesterday, but I still wanted to help out with his uniform." 

I nodded and looked at the Lance uniform on the manakin as the maids put on their finishing touches. My eyes traced the uniform up and down, and I nodded with an approving smile.

Arthur's Lance uniform was the same as the others. It has a white button-up long-sleeve shirt with gold trim and gold epaulets on both shoulders. There was a small red cape that went slightly past the waist and wrapped around the left shoulder. The uniform came with white pants and knee-high white and gold-trim boots.

"This looks very good, ladies. Well done. Well done indeed." I said, satisfied with their hard work.

"Thank you, Commander. Captain Alice's help was greatly appreciated. We wouldn't have been able to make the proper measurements without her." The head maid said, giving Alice a friendly smile.

"Oh please, you're too modest; I just stood by. You, ladies, did all the work." Alice said, gesturing to them with a smile. Alice's gaze flicked to me. "It might be a little big on him. I guessed on the measurements as best as I could. But it will look nice nonetheless." 

I nodded, "Good. Ladies, if you would follow me, let's bring this to the brat." I looked at Alice, "Will you be coming with us?"

Alice shook her head, "No. I'm going to make sure Rey and Ellie are getting ready for the ceremony."

"Ok, then I'll see you later. Ladies, please follow me." I smiled.

We all left the break room and split ways as Alice walked toward Ellie's room. The maids followed behind me as they pushed the manakin, which was on wheels. I smiled brightly, excited to see the brat's face when I show him his new uniform. I genuinely hope he likes it.

We made it to Arthur's room, and I stopped in front of the door. I smiled playfully as I remembered how I would wake him up when he was younger. Deciding to have some fun, I thought about opening the door quietly, sneaking into the room, and scaring Arthur awake. I subtly grabbed the doorknob and slowly turned it. My gaze flicked to the maids, who were looking at me curiously. I pressed my finger to my lips, signaling them to be quiet, and the maids nodded in understanding.

I looked down, mentally chuckling, as I quietly opened the door. As the door opened, my eyes slowly drifted up, and my smile began to fade. My eyes narrowed when I saw clothes scattered all over the floor. My eyes fell on a pair of female underwear in short shorts on the ground, and my eyes shot to the bed.