Chapter 25

Arthur Leywin POV

1 year later

Its been two years since we've started being adventurers, and a lot has happened during this time. We've gone through multiple dungeons of different varieties. With all the dungeons we've gone through so far, all of us were able to move up to AA class adventurers, allowing us access to even more dungeons. Kaspian said he was impressed by our skill level, and teamwork.

Sebastian and Alea have gotten used to fighting alongside Tess and I, and are now comfortable with taking us into higher level dungeons. Tess and I have gained a lot of experience over these past two years. We improved our combination attacks, and have even created some new ones.

We've gone into a few dungeons with some other adventurers, but not many. Sebastian doesn't want to take any chances, since we've heard stories of adventurers turning on each other in the past.

A few days ago, we heard about an S class dungeon that was recently discovered. They called it the drowning pits. It took some convincing, but Sebastian and Alea agreed to take Tess and I.

However, they made it clear that since it's a new dungeon, we were to be extra cautious since there wasn't much information on it. And, if they think it is getting too dangerous, we would leave the dungeon.

I was currently laying down in my tent, as we were camped out in front of the drowning pits. We arrived at the dungeon pretty late last night, so Alea suggested we get some rest before we went in. I quickly got dressed in my adventurers gear, and exited the tent. I was met by Alea and Sebastian who were sitting close together by the fire.

"So, you finally woke up huh? Come and sit down, I caught some rabbits and I'm almost done cooking them." Sebastian said as he put some ingredients into a pot of stew over the camp fire.

I nodded in response to Sebastian, and sat down across from them. "That smells pretty good." I said as the aroma of the stew hit me.

"Ya, he's my personal chef." Alea said teasingly as she smiled at Sebastian. Sebastian just smiled as he stared at the stew, while giving Alea a playful jab with his elbow. Alea laughed a little, and I smiled as I watched their actions. I looked over at Tess' tent wondering when she would wake up.

I sat there watching Sebastian make the stew until I saw Tess' tent open up. I smiled as I watched her climb out of her tent, and sit down next to me.

"Sleep well?" I asked.

"Ya I guess. *yawn* Still a little tired though. You?" Tess asked looking at me with a smile. I could see the tiredness in her eyes, which caused me to give off a small chuckle.

"I slept just fine. I'm pretty excited about this dungeon though." I said with excitement.

"Me too. I'm hoping we get to see some pretty cool mana beasts!" Tess said excitedly.

"Don't forget you two. This is a new dungeon that they've ranked S class. I know we've done an S class dungeon before. But those were already explored, and we already had information on them. This dungeon is one big unknown. Who knows what beasts are inside. So stay vigilant, and do what we say." Sebastian said in a serious tone.

"As long as we watch each other's back, we will be fine. And don't worry, Sebastian and I won't let anything happen to you." Alea said with a smile, as Tess and I nodded.

I looked over to Tess as she looked towards the dungeon entrance, with a look of excitement on her face. I smiled as I looked over her features. I couldn't help but think how beautiful she looks as the sun radiated off her. I felt a fluttering sensation in my stomach as I looked at her. Tess looked back to me, and noticed I was staring at her.