Chapter 34

Arthur Leywin POV

We all sat down at the table to have dinner. As we waited for the maids to bring us the food, we began to have some small talk. Mom and Dad both went on to explain what they have been up to ever since the cliff incident.

After I was thought to be dead, they both arrived at the Helstea Estate distraught. It turns out Mom was pregnant during the cliff incident, and had Ellie a few months after arriving. Over time, they slowly healed but were still grieving over my loss. Dad became the head of security for Vincent at the auction house.

I guess they were holding an event for King Glayder one time, and an intruder snuck in to try and kill the royal family. But my dad being as awesome as he is, caught the intruder and roasted him with his fire magic. They were given a large amount of gold as a reward.

After that, they've just been here living quietly raising Ellie, who has already awakened and is at the dark orange stage.

"When did you awaken Ellie?" I asked looking at her curiously.

"I became a mage when I was five." She said proudly, as I just smirked.

"Five?! That's amazing, I've never heard of anyone waking up at that age!" Grandma said.

All of my family members except Grandma and the Helstea's just snickered and looked at me.

"What is it?" Grandma asked, confused.

"Did you never tell her brat?" Gramps asked with a smirk.

"I told her about my abilities, and she found out about my body and Sylvie thanks to her bond. But I never told her when I awakened." I said matter of factly.

"When did you awaken?" Grandma asked curiously.

"Arthur here awakened when he was three, took half the house with him." Dad said proudly. I looked at Mom and Dad to see they were both smiling at me proudly.

"I am curious Ellie, what abilities do you have? Since I have been teaching him, I already know what his abilities are." Grandma said.

"I don't have any elemental affinities yet, but I can manipulate pure mana." Ellie said as she raised her hands, and created what looked like a spoon made of pure mana.

"That's amazing, I've never seen anyone be able to manipulate mana like that." Grandma said, getting a nod from others around the table.

"Ya Ellie, I can't do anything like that. That's really amazing!" I said.

"Really?" Ellie said smiling.

"Really! All I can do is absorb ambient mana at a fast rate and distribute it rapidly around my body in order to augment myself. I also learned how distribute my mana to other things." I said.

"That's how Art was able to help me awaken at five years old. He pushed mana into my developing core which helped it form faster." Tess said, smiling at me.

"They are definitely siblings. Ellie was able to help my daughter Lilia awaken not to long ago." Vincent said, smiling at Lilia. Lilia just blushed and smiled.

"And congrats to you Lilia, I look forward to joining Xyrus next year. You will actually be on the student council with Tessia here, who will be the president." Grandma said gesturing to Tess.

"Really? Well I'm glad I know someone already. It's really nice to me you!" Lilia said happily giving off a contagious warm smile.

"Likewise! I'm looking forward to working with you!" Tess smiled back.

"What about you Arthur? Are you in the student council?" Mom asked.

"No, I will actually be the captain of the disciplinary committee. It will be my job to protect the students, and to keep order in the school." I said smugly.