Chapter 80

Arthur Leywin POV

Three months later

"You know, you and Tess together would make excellent farmers," Regis said, getting a chuckle out of me.

"Ya, I guess we could," I said with a smile as I looked at the tree before me. Thoughts of Tess surfaced, and my smile widened.

"Good job, prince Arthur," Lyanna said as she walked around the tree. She looked at the tree up and down with a smile.

Lyanna then leaned back against the tree as she looked at me. "You've done well over these past few months. You've learned to use the vivum edict to influence the tree to grow. But, now it's time to step it up a notch." Lyanna said as she stepped away from the tree.

"Ok, what do you want me to do?" I asked as I watched Lyanna take a knee.

"You've focused on making the one tree grow, but now I want you to focus on growing all the trees," Lyanna said as she placed her hands on the ground.

Aether wrapped around Lyanna's hands and flowed into the earth. Aether flowed across the soil, and I watched as trees began to grow all around us. I watched in awe as a lush forest of beautiful trees surrounded us.

"Woah," Regis said as we looked around.

"Impressed?" Lyanna said with a smirk as she gracefully stood up.

"I've literally mastered growing one tree. Now you want me to grow a forest? I don't even know how." I said.

"Yes, you do," Lyanna said with a warm smile.

She walked up to me and grabbed my right hand. She placed my hand on the tree's base and stepped back.

"Use your vivum rune and sense the life within the tree," Lyanna said.

I nodded and did as she said. I watched as the aether flowed into the tree, which looked like veins.

"Now extend it," Lyanna said.

"What?" I said, confused.

"The aether, extend it past the tree," Lyanna said.

"I don't understand," I said.

"Prince Arthur, what have I taught you over these past few months? The trees, the earth itself, it's all a living thing. Extend the aether's reach into the earth." Lyanna whispered as she stepped closer to me. Lyanna placed her hands on my right bicep and traced my arm down to my hand. "Let the aether flow through you, the tree, and the earth," Lyanna said softly.

I took a breath as I concentrated. I pictured the aether inside the tree flowing down to the earth. I grew wide-eyed in awe as I watched the aether flow into the earth, and spread out rapidly like rivers of aether underground.

"Amazing," I whispered to myself.

"Isn't it," Lyanna said with a giggle as she stepped back from me. "Using this technique, you can spread the aether out a short distance and grow the trees in the area," Lyanna said.

"Ok, I think I understand," I said.

"Good, now step back," Lyanna said. I did as instructed and stepped back. Lyanna snapped her fingers, and the realm flashed in a bright amethyst light. I looked around and noticed the realm reset, and it looked exactly as it did when we first entered the mind realm.

"Now, go ahead and make several trees grow," Lyanna said.

I nodded as I kneeled on the ground. I placed my hands into the soil and focused the aether on flowing into the earth. I watched as the aether spread around me. I pictured the trees around me and smiled as I watched the trees grow. In a short matter of time, we were surrounded by several trees.