Chapter 42

Arthur Leywin POV

Tess and I entered the field for our team fighting mechanics class. When we entered, we noticed there were several other students there already. I looked to my right and saw Claire and Curtis talking under a tree.

"Hey look, it's Claire and Curtis, let's go say hi." I said as I pointed in their direction.

"Ok, I'm sure Claire will be happy to be in this class with us." Tess said happily.

We walked over to Claire and Curtis, and Claire was the first to notice us. "Captain, President, I didn't know you were in this class!" Claire said with a smile.

"Ya, with three of the disciplinary committee members here, it should be a fun class. We can really show everyone what we can do." Curtis said.

As we were talking, I noticed Claire's face turned from happy to irritated. I looked at her confused, until she gestured behind me with a nod. I turned to see what she was looking at, and saw Clive walking up to us.

'Ugh, can he not come up to us.' I said mentally.

'Do you want me to hit him with a mana beam papa?' Sylvie asked mentally.

I mentally smirked. 'Nah. Not yet at least.' I said mentally.

I turned around and let out a sigh. "You ok?" Tess asked, noticing my change in demeanor.

"Clive is walking up to us." I said. Tess let out a sigh as well and did a slight eye roll. Clive arrived walking up to our group and stood next to Tess, not saying anything.

"Hello Clive, how are you?" Curtis asked in a monotone voice.

"I'm doing well Prince Curtis, thank you for asking. I'm glad to see there is someone of worth in this class." Clive said gesturing to him.

Curtis' eyes narrowed and he gave a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Glad to see you haven't changed." Curtis said, which got a raised brow from Clive.

Before anyone could say anything else, we heard a giant screech and looked up. We watched as a flare hawk flew down to the field, and landed in the middle of the group of students. I watched as a younger woman with brunette colored hair, which was tied to the back of her head, and tanned colored skin dismounted the hawk. I noticed the woman seemed to be pretty fit, and had a well toned body.

"Good afternoon! My name is professor Glory, and I will be the one teaching all of you! This one here next to me is my bond Torch." Professor Glory said as she pointed to the hawk next to her, with a sense of confidence and playfulness.

Curiosity got the best of me and I wondered what her core level was. I looked at her core and saw she was a solid silver mage. She must have felt that I looked at her core, because she turned towards me. I could feel her scan my core and she gave a look of surprise. I mean, who else knew of a twelve year old who just reached solid silver core. Tess on the other hand is close to breaking into the dark silver stage, since I've been helping her meditate a lot in the training room.

Professor Glory smirked at this and nodded in approval. "So, the captain of the disciplinary committee is in my class huh? Well I must say that I am intrigued by your abilities, and would love to see you in action. What about you class? Do you want to see what the captain is capable of?" Professor Glory yelled at the class as she looked around.

Multiple students responded saying "ya!".

Professor Glory then smiled, "Seeing how I am not allowed to spar with you myself, how about we have a game amongst the students. Oh I know, how about war!" Professor Glory said with enthusiasm. The crowd of students yelled in approval.