Chapter 131

Arthur Leywin POV

The six of us flew toward the wall as fast as possible. I knew Seris said not to worry, but I couldn't help it. Images of holding the dead bodies of my sister and father flooded my mind. The mere thought of losing just one of them was a feeling I could hardly bear.

As we neared the wall, my eyes widened as they scanned the area. One side of the horde looked like they had been blown apart. Blood and limbs from Alacryans and beasts alike were scattered on the battlefield. The other side of the horde was a different story. The bodies of the beasts and Alacryans were burnt husks. The smell of burnt flesh drifted into the air, and I nearly gagged.

I noticed the Dicathen troops were all moving around, talking to one another. They all looked up as we flew overhead, and a look of relief washed over their faces as their eyes fell on Elion, Mom, Sylvie, and me. However, when their eyes flicked to Seris and Cylrit, their expressions changed to fear and uncertainty.

"Papa!" Sylvie yelled, getting my attention.

Everyone looked toward Sylvie to see her pointing toward the ground. I looked to where she was pointing, and a feeling of happiness and relief fell over me. Standing together, we're the Twin Horns. I noticed some of them looked injured, but nothing life-threatening. Standing in the middle of the group was Dad, with Angela standing next to him.

My eyes shifted beside him, and I grew confused seeing two unfamiliar figures. A male with white hair and a female with hair the color of fire stood next to the Twin Horns. However, another thing I found curious was that Caera was hugging the white-haired male.

'Oi! Who the fuck does that white-haired bastard think he is touching my horned goddess!!!' Regis yelled mentally as he was inside my core absorbing aether.

'Not sure, but Caera seems to know him.' I replied mentally.

I could hear Regis mentally grumble. Sylvie and I mentally chuckled, feeling Regis sulking through our bond.

Angela looked in our direction, and she smiled brightly. She pointed toward us, and everyone looked our way. Caera stopped hugging the male and looked toward us. I could see a bright smile on her face and a few tears in her eyes.

The six of us flew down, and we landed next to everyone. Everyone looked happy to see us until they noticed Seris and Cylrit standing behind us.

"Shit! Vritra!" Adam yelled as he prepared his spear.

"Stay your weapon!" Elion commanded, and Adam looked at Elion, surprised and confused.

"Do you honestly think we would be with them if they were our enemies?" Mom asked with a raised brow like the answer was obvious.

Adam looked down like a child being scolded. "No, I guess not."

Several of us chuckled, seeing his reaction. My eyes flicked to Dad, who quickly walked up to Mom. Mom and Dad shared a warm smile before Dad brought her into a tight, warm embrace. Dad pressed his lips to Mom's, sharing a deep kiss. I awkwardly looked away and noticed everyone else was looking at them warmly.

Mom and Dad broke the kiss, and Dad pressed his forehead against hers. "I'm glad you're safe. I was worried," Dad said.

Mom chuckled, "I was worried about you too. When our plans fell apart, I was afraid I would never see you again."

"Well, luckily, these two showed up when they did," Dad said, looking at the white-haired male and fire-hair-colored female.

"What do you mean?" Elion asked.

"Look around you," Aaron said, gesturing to the remnants of the horde.

"They did this?" I asked, genuinely surprised by the power and devastation displayed around me.