Chapter Twelve

Aspen

Jenn and I were walking though the store Russel's looking at all gear they had for snow boarding and skiing. I wanted something that would match yet was cute and comfortable enough that I could move around in. I tried to steer away from pink or purple, but I couldn't help myself. I picked out all my items and stood waiting for Jenn.

She was very picky about what kind of goggles she wanted not that I could blame her. I wouldn't want to pick out anything that I wouldn't like later or was extremely uncomfortable. You have to watch what kind you get because some goggles will press into your face and leave marks and sometimes breaks into your skin.

While she was deciding between two different goggles, I went to a website and picked out a new board. I ordered it and chose to have it shipped over night. The sooner I got it, the sooner I could break it in. It was a really cute board and caught my eye as soon as I went to scroll past it.

She finally chose a pair of goggles that looked like mine, but were blue. I gave her a nod of approval when she showed me, then we headed towards the register. She went first since she only had one thing. Scratch that. Three things. She bought us both a bottle of life water.

After we were done there we headed outside and placed our bags in our vehicles. We decided to go and get some lunch from the restaurant that was across the street. We got inside and a younger girl showed us to our table.

"So? Any thing interesting happen in the hot tub?" She smirked while looking at her menu.
"Anything interesting happen in the house?"
"Touché." She giggled.

I smiled at her and gave the waitress our menu's after we ordered our food and drinks. She chose a Cesar salad and I decided to choose the same, but without the croutons. Those things are so disgusting.

My phone went of while laying face up on the table. She grabbed it before me and laughed. Thank god she doesn't know my password.

"Who's kitten and why are they wanting to call you?" She smiled while holding my phone from me.

I smiled back and rolled my eyes. Actually I kinda wanna know myself.

"I'll never tell and actually thats a good question."
"Who is it?" She laughed.
"I'm not telling."

She hissed like a cat at me and handed me my phone back. I put it on silence, then placed it in my purse. We started laughing until I seen the guy from the bar awhile back starring daggers at me.

"What's wrong?" Jenn asked.
"That guy from the bar is here and he is giving me not too happy of a look."

She went to turn around before I stopped her. Is she trying to get a reaction out of him?

"Ignore him. We're here to hang out and enjoy our time."
"Okay, but if he say's something we're jumping his ass." She whispered.
"You bet your sweet ass we are."

We jokes and laughed while eating our salad's until Ian called her telling her to hurry home for the dirt bike race that's showing on the tv in an hour. She brushed him off, but I knew she was excited for this race. They all were.

"Come on. Let's go."

She smiled at me as we went up and I paid our bill. She tried to fight me on it, but after I glared at her she stopped. Good girl. We walked outside planning when I would come back over as I walked her to her car. I gave her a hug bye, then walked to my truck as she pulled out of the parking lot.

I was about to open my truck door when someone grabbed me by the back of my neck, spun me around, and slammed my hard up against the back door of my truck. Ow.. that's gonna leave a dent for sure. Now I'm pissed. I look up and come face to face with the very angry guy from the bar. The nerves this guy has.