Chapter Seventeen

Aspen

By two in the afternoon the jokes have finally stopped. We were all sitting around the living room sipping our hot chocolate and talking about the weather.

"How long do you think it will last? Last time I checked the weather it said a week." May asked everyone.
"I'll check now." Diego answered.
"I think it's going to last at least five more days." Jenn said.
"I hope not. I don't have enough clothes here."
"Neither do I." Sarah agreed.
"You can barrow some of my stuff, Aspen. We are the same size." Cara offered.
"Thank you."
"Sarah, you've been stealing my clothes long enough. You already know you can borrow some of mine." Jenn laughed.

Sarah smiled because she knew it was true. Every time we come over here she is always wearing a pair of Jenn's shorts to bed.

"Okay, so it say's it will last about a week longer as of right now which is crazy because we haven't had a strong storm that lasted this long since we were kids." Diego mentioned while putting his phone in his pocket.
"Damn, well at least there will be fresh powder of the mountain's for our snow boarding trip." Ian said to which everyone agreed.

We were suppose to go tomorrow since it was Saturday, but the weather had other things in mind. In stead we all sat around bored. We couldn't go outside because of the storm and even though that the back porch was screened in, the water in the hot tub was starting to freeze. It was too cold outside anyways. The hot tub would only keep us warm for so long before we all we're shivering messes.

The TV was a bust since the internet and cable was down with storm was going crazy outside. We had nothing else to do besides sit around the living room and watch the fire burn in the fireplace.

"We should get drunk and play twister, but with a twist." Cara inquired.
"What's the twist?" Jenn ask's intrigued.
"We play with partners and every time someone fall's, they take a shot." Cara explained.
"I'm in. Does everyone choose a partner?"
"We can do couples." Mel stated.
"Some of us don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend." Sarah stated with an eyebrow raised.

Everyone looked to her with a 'bitch are you being serious right now' look.

"I'll partner with you, baby."
"Only if you promise not to steal the covers tonight." Sarah replied to me.
"I'm not partnering up with a dude." Tony said looking to Sarah.
"Fight me for it."
"Gladly." He joked.

Sarah walked over, sat on my lap, then kissed me.

"I'll take my girl here. End of story." She smiled out to Tony and Liam.

Everyone else were watching to see how this played out while Liam and Tony looked to us with hatful glares. Sarah and I on the other hand were not having it. We just kept smiling at them. We're not budging.

"Fine." Tony said.
"Fine? You're just going to bow down like a bitch?" Liam asked him.
"I can't say no to them.. you try." Tony snapped.
"Fine, I will." Liam stated.

Liam stood up, walked to us, then squatted in front of us with a serious face. Sarah squeezed me while I pulled her closer to me with a pout. He looked between us, stood up, then walked back to his seat in defeat.

"Well go on. Tell them." Tony said smugly.
"I can't.." Liam whispered under his breath.
"I'm sorry? What was that?" Bash chuckled.
"Whatever! It's no big deal. They can be partners." Liam chuckled.

Sarah looked at me and I smiled to her. She gave me another a kiss, then got up and went to sit on Tony's lap. They both gave us another dirty look as everyone laughed.

Jenn and Ian were up first and I got picked to read out the spin card. I waited until they were ready, then spun both the needles on the cards.

"Right foot green."