Chapter Fifteen

Aspen

Tony, Sarah, and I were all talking about the elderly man that collapsed today at work when the door opened. I was in my corner that I always sit in while Tony was in his with Sarah on his lap side ways. I seen Liam slide into his usual corner out of the corner of my eye, but didn't turn to him.

"When is your board going to come in?" Sarah asked.
"Oh, it already did. I had it shipped over night. I was too impatient to wait."
"Well I for one can't wait to see what it looks like." She said excitedly.
"It's a pretty one."

We cheers out drinks and took a sip. She was drinking while I was just drinking a bottle of water. I wanted a clear mind tonight so I stopped drinking. Look at me being all responsible

"So the guy got a long time?" Tony suddenly asked.
"Yeah. He had history with putting his hands on woman before plus he tried killing me. He was already on probation so that helped my case."
"Good. He deserves what he got." Tony said annoyed.

I smiled at him then grabbed my phone as it started ringing.

"Excuse me."

I climbed out of the hot tub, wrapped a towel around me and answered the phone before walking to the other side of the porch.

"Hey, babe? Whats up?"
"We have a code blue, Birdie!" Sandra whispered.
"What? What happened?"
"My dad. He is dating a woman!" She shrieked.

I smiled at I looked off into the distance at the snow and trees.

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?"
"Yeah, I guess, but what if he starts getting serious with her and she gets in between us?" She asked annoyed.
"San, you know damn well your dad isn't going to let any woman get in between you guy."
"How do you know?" She asked unsure.
"Do you have such little faith in him that you would believe that? Think about it? He literally told a woman he didn't want nothing to do with her after she said she would never accept you as her own if they got serious."

She went quiet for second before sighing. She knows I'm right.

"I know you're scared, but just trust him. Talk to him. Believe that he would never let it come to something like that."
"I know, I'm just.." she paused when a knock came at the door.
"Ill talk to you later, Birdie." She said nervously.
"Okay. I love you, San."
"I love you too." She replied.

I hung up with her and looked at my phone for a second before walking back over to the hot tub and climbing in. Liam was beyond annoyed and I had no idea why.

"Is everything okay?" Sarah asked.
"Yeah, my cousin just called me. She's freaking out because my uncle has started dating a girl and she's worried that this woman will be like the last one."
"What happened with the last one?" Tony asked intrigued.
"She basically told my uncle that she would never except my cousin as her own if they got serious so my uncle got rid of the chick. He was upset about it, but not for too long. He loves my cousin more than anything in this world."
"He did the right thing. She just has to believe he'll do it again." Sarah spoke with wisdom.

I agreed with her and chugged my water as my phone buzzed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed it. Why is he texting me if he's right next to me?

Kitten: You said it was your cousin yet you called the person babe?

I looked at him and by this point I was pissed. I rolled my eyes and excused myself again. I dried off and slipped Tony's shirt over my head while walking through the back door. It was pretty late so everyone was in bed by now probably having the best sex of their life's. I decided to just go to the spare room and grab a change of clothes for a shower.