Chapter Twenty Five

Aspen

Ahh I love the smell of hand sanitizer and latex gloves in the morning. It's Tuesday and we have patience to see. I ended up staying the night last night since I always keep a couple of pair's of scrubs at the Remington house hold. Sarah and I have tried coming up with better nicknames for their house, but none of them has officially stuck. We'll find one we like eventually.

I walk to the nurses station going over all the appointments we had today when a familiar name pops up. Mrs. Nelson. I wondered if her husband was doing better. I hope so. I definitely didn't want to ask her just Incase he didn't make it so I got up and went to find Terry to see if he would know.

"Hey, Terry? I have a question?"
"Okay, shoot!" He smiled.
"I seen Mrs. Nelson is coming in for an appointment. Do you know if her husband made a full recovery?"
"Yes, ma'am he did. He will probably come in with her today. If not I'm sure he is still resting." He answered with another smile.

I thanked him and made my way back to my desk. I swear Terry has the most infectious smile. I though May did, but nope. Definitely Terry, then May. He a good guy and a great coworker. If I never met Liam and Terry was straight, I would definitely see what's up with that happily shy man. So adorable!

Jenn walked up to the nurses station with two drinks from StarBucks. She pretended to not see me as she pulled out a Vanilla bean Frappuccino. This girl knows me so well. She put the straw in the cup and took a sip. It amazes me she's never thought to try one before.

"Holy shit. Now I see why you get these!" She laughed handing me the drink.
"Thank you! You're the best!"
"Oh quit lying. I already know Sarah stole you from me." She fake pouted.
"What? Never! No one could replace my day one."

She narrowed her eyes at me while coming around and sitting next to me. So I continued.

"I come to each of you for different reason and we all have different relationships."
"What do you mean?" She asked curiously.
"Well at the end of the day, I love all you girls the same. Here. I'll explain it like this. There's Sarah who is my partner in crime while we're drinking, Mel is who I go to when I need someone to give me advice outright with not holding back, May I go to when I just need a hug and to smile, Cara I go to when I need to vent and she'll give me advice, and then there's you. You're my day one, work partner, and I come to you when I'm just outright confused. You all are there for me and all help me with different things. I love you all the same. None of you are my favorites."

She giggles, then smiles an award winning smile at me while pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm so happy you moved here." She whispered.
"Me too."

The day flew by until 12:30 when Mrs. Nelson walked in with a healthier Mr. Nelson following behind. I got up from my desk and showed them to the exam room where of course I'll take her height, weight, and ask some questions, but before I did all that I pulled her in for a light hug, then him. They looked surprised, but understanding crossed through their warm eyes.

"I'm so happy you both are okay."
"Thank you, Dear. Not just for your words, but for not giving up on my husband." She smiled while grabbing his hand.
"You may be our patients, but we'll still treat you like our family."

They followed me to the exam room, then I led them to their room. Jenn was so excited to see them she looked like she was going to combust. I laughed and shook my head as she opened the door trying to be professional, but failed miserably when she did what I did. Pulled them both in for a hug and spoke to them about how they were both feeling.

The day flew by even quicker with just two more patients to see after Mrs. Nelson. Tuesdays were always our slowest. Jenn warned me that flu season was the worst by far, and honestly anything beats sitting here and twiddling my thumbs.

As we climbed into Jenn's truck my phone went off. I looked down and seen it was Liam. I continued talking to Jenn, but eventually gave in and read what he sent.

Liam: Are you staying here tonight or going back to your place?
Aspen: I'm going home tonight. I have to wash my scrubs and do laundry.

It wasn't a full lie. I didn't actually have, but a load of laundry to do and that included my scrubs to. I just wanted to go home.

Liam: Would it be alright if I dropped by later tonight. I want to talk to you in person, but I won't be at the house when you get there.
Aspen: Sure. I don't mind just let me know when you're on the way!
Liam: Alright cool! I'll see you later!

I locked my phone and looked over to Jenn who had a smirk on her face.

"What?"
"Hot date?" She giggled.
"No. Liam just wants to come by my place and talk later. He said he wanted to talk in person."
"Good. I think he has a lot of stuff to get off his chest." She announced.

I looked at her suddenly nervous and worried. When she looked at me her eyes went wide.

"Oh god! No! It's nothing bad." She hurried out as we pulled into her driveway.
"I'm still nervous! I got to get home. I love you!"
"I love you too!" She shouted as I ran to my truck.

The whole 15 minute drive home I was on edge. Is he going to talk about us? Is there an us? Is he going to finally talk to me like he wanted to about his wrongs? Is he going to try to fuck me?! Oh God! I hope not! It's not that I don't want to fuck him, it's just.. I'm not that kind of girl!

I shut my brain off and walked inside my apartment cleaning up a bit. There wasn't much for me to clean up considering I'm barely ever here. I practically live with them! That's even crazier. I have this beautiful two bedroom apartment and I don't even stay here half of the time. Maybe I should get a roommate so that someone is at least here? Ugh, but what if they're like a total slob and go through my shit? I can't have that. I would go crazy.

I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, putting my clothes away, and cleaning my bathroom. I even put a strawberry watermelon wax melt inside my wax warmer. It smelled so good in here and I loved it.

As soon as I sat down there was a knock at the door. Here goes nothing.

*****

*Feedback*

W/C: 1,216