ROTTMNT Donatello x Reader

(You better get prepared, I'm in the mood for some angst.)

TW: mentions of death

---
"You sure? I can clean out her room." Leo called to his brother, they had lost you about a month ago.

"No, I'll be fine..." Donnie smiled sadly; his brothers knew he was lying though. You two had always been super close.

You had moved in two months before you died; Donnie asked you after he learned that your rent went up again.

Donnie hesitated before turning the handle of your door. He almost broke down again after he saw your room; he hasn't been in here since you were alive.

His face lit up as he saw the pictures you had in a scrapbook that you made, there was pictures of where you were young, there was multiple of you with his brothers, you with April; but mostly of you and Donnie, you were happy, you were content.

Donnie couldn't help the hot, sticky tears rolling down his face as he held his favorite picture: you and him were laying in the grass, surrounded by flowers; with you guys smiling and looking into the camera.

You were such a happy person, inside and out. Memories came flooding back to Donnie as he completely shattered, sobbing and balling his hands into fists as he leapt onto your bed, gathering your pillows to his snout; looking for a hint of your scent that still lingered.

If only he told you, he thought as he cried into your pillows, if only he told you how important you were to him, you could have been spared from Big Mama's wrath.

He had voiced his concern about you tagging along on that mission, but you reassured him; if only he was more persistent about you not coming.

His breathing hitched as he pulled one of your pillows closer to him, "Oh? Why are you so sad?" He imagined your voice, you were such a good person."Do you need a hug?"

You would open up your arms as you would wait for him to make up his mind; you'd listened to his rants as he layed in your arms. He never admitted it, but laying there made him feel better.

As he would look up, he was awestruck. You were the prettiest girl he ever saw.
You had the prettiest eyes and the warmest smile. He really felt safe with you.

He closed his eyes as he envisioned that he was in your lap as you sang him his favorite lullaby; you'd sing if he stayed up too much or too long:

He smiled slightly wrapping himself with your blankets, quickly falling asleep.
---

"Hey Don? You doing okay in here?" Leo popped his head in the entrance, only to see his brother sleeping in her bed.

He sighed, his poor brother... Sure, your death had been hard on all of them; but Donnie took it the hardest. He soothed you as you died in his arms.

Donnie was never the same after that day, it took them hours to persuade him to help bury you.

After that, the brothers never saw him. He was forever in his lab, Leo wasn't sure that he slept. Well, until now.

His lab had this weird, dull energy that Leo could not describe, but he knew it wasn't there before.

Leo knew that Donnie was a lot happier with you around, he wondered if his brother ever liked you; with you gone though, he barely showed any emotion when his brothers did see him.

April couldn't do anything either, she told them that "she was really, really important to him" and that "your brother just needs time, he went through some hard times with hard decisions."

When Raph asked her what that meant, she reluctantly told them that, "He knew that he couldn't do anything, she was too far gone".

Oh, poor Donnie, he knew. He knew that he was losing someone he loved and could do nothing about it.

Leo could only imagine what that felt like; now he understood why he stayed with you.

Donnie refused to touch anything that you've made him. That necklace you made him for his birthday when you were both younger? Yep, still on a shelf in his lab.

He looks at it and remembers it, the memories behind it; but he's never and will never again touch it.

(I'm sorry about this. Just know that it won't be a regular thing, I was just in a certain mood.)
-Author out