Wasted Summers- ROTTMNT Mikey × Reader- ᵃⁿᵍˢᵗ

( Mikey likes you. But you don't like him back

Enjoy)

Why'd it feel so cold?

He knew this was a possibility, being that you were drop-dead gorgeous. Why in the world did he ever think that he was good enough for you?

But... part of him hoped and dreamed. He loved you from the start, he just hoped that you would like him back.

This is what he gets for hoping, right? Silly Mikey....

He looked up, only to see your expectant gaze. Did you say anything else? He broke down after you said that you don't return his feelings. He had no idea what you said after that.

"Mikey? Everything ok?" You asked again when he was silent for too long. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm okay." He responded, smiling. You knew that it was fake.

"Mikey?" He scooted away from you. Distancing himself away from you.

"I'm sorry I bothered you with this. I won't bring it up again." He says, a fake smile painted on his face. Although, on the inside, he was hurting so much.

"You didn't bother me..." You tried to reassure him, but you didn't know what to say. You felt so guilty, but you also knew you couldn't lie to him, lead him on. That's not fair to him.

His face was hidden in his knees, forcing himself not to cry, not letting you see that this really hurt.

But you could hear his tiny sobs. That's when you realize how much he actually likes you.

You, however, thought of him like your brother. You and him were inseparable, you would always go to him for a lot of things because you respected his opinion. Did he think it was something more? Did you accidentally lead him on? You didn't mean to.

If you did, you had to know.

"Mikey, did I do something?"

No words, just a shake of his head "no"

"I'm sorry..." You apologized again. You had just broken the poor turtle, after all.

Only silence, he didn't look or talk to you. He was hidden, like he was scared you were going to hurt him more.

"Do you think we can just be friends? You're really a great person, and I don't want to lose you." You nervously sputter.

Oh really? Apparently not good enough for you to love...

Bitter thoughts welled up inside, threatening to spew out of his mouth. For a second, he considered it. But, he couldn't deny that having no relationship with you would tear him up inside...

But his voice was shaky and utterly broken... but he spoke even still, "Yeah, that would work."

That's when you spotted a piece of paper, you immediately figured that he made it, he was always a more creative type of person, but when you began to reach for it, he snatched it up.

"Don't worry about it, it's dumb." With tears in his eyes, he ripped it to shreds. Stupid, stupid, dumb, dumb, stupid! He repeated to himself as he ripped it again and again.

It took him weeks to get you captured in his sketch just right, but he finally managed it. Hopefully you would love it, he loved bringing a smile to your face.

Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as he opened his eyes to only see the shredded up paper in his hands.

You were shocked, this was different. You definitely different behavior than you were used to.

"I-" Mikey had to go, he had to go before he did something he'd regret. "I need to go-" He booked it out of the living room.

That gave him a chance to take a deep breath and cool off... he was so hurt and angry.

Why wasn't he good enough? Was it because he was a mutant? That had to be it. That was always it. People were always scared of him and his brothers. He had hoped you were different.

But you weren't....

He couldn't stop the bitter thoughts, suddenly his hurt melted into sadness.

Why wasn't he good enough for you? He always treated you like the queen you were, he made sure that he was your best friend before anything. He made sure you trusted him and made sure that you were comfortable around him.

Did you just take advantage of that?

(That's enough of that before I have a breakdown.

Hello, everyone, I'm sorry for being away for so long

P.S. Inspiration: This Mikey bot talking to my oc, Yang (and the song Wasted Summers)

 Inspiration: This Mikey bot talking to my oc, Yang (and the song Wasted Summers)

- Author out